Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 150
  1. #91
    Pro-Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Age
    29
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vortex8 View Post
    RG map does have numbers in their address and it shows up in my 3790T.

    Only 2 reasons I can think of why your unit is not showing up proper address.

    a. it was an effect of unlocking
    b. your unit is not performing as it should be

    Either one or both.
    Now this is alarming

    Does "23 ADB Ave." show up in your 3790T when searched? I've also tried searching for that address using Mapsource 6.16.3 (without device) and it gave me the same result as when using the device. This rules out the possibility that the device has a problem.

    Do you mind sharing the steps on how you unlocked your RG 1.24 map?
    Last edited by kevindd992002; 27th June 2011 at 17:25.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #92
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    near here
    Age
    46
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    Now this is alarming

    Does "23 ADB Ave." show up in your 3790T when searched? I've also tried searching for that address using Mapsource 6.16.3 (without device) and it gave me the same result as when using the device. This rules out the possibility that the device has a problem.

    Do you mind sharing the steps on how you unlocked your RG 1.24 map?
    Yes, it does show up on my unit among other POIs with numbers in their addresses.

    I did not unlock my own map.

    Btw, there were posts in RG that those who converted their 3790T firmware (US to Singapore) experienced the same symptoms of missing numbers. Don't know if you tampered with your firmware but it might be worth considering if ever you did.

  4. #93
    ☼ADMIN☼
    catymag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    light side
    Posts
    23,642
    Rep Power
    5327

    Default

    @ Vortex8
    i'd like to see a screen of your 37xx US sw with POIs on map, please, till now nobody posted one, can you be so kind?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You have to navigate to get to the good.
    Nuvi1250/Nuvi 34xx/Nuvi 2200/Nuvi 66/Oregon 600/Galaxy S5 MM 6.0.1/TomTom GO/iGO Nextgen Avic,Basar,Isr.Gift/Navigon
    Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me.

  5. #94
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vortex8 View Post
    Yes, it does show up on my unit among other POIs with numbers in their addresses.

    I did not unlock my own map.

    Btw, there were posts in RG that those who converted their 3790T firmware (US to Singapore) experienced the same symptoms of missing numbers. Don't know if you tampered with your firmware but it might be worth considering if ever you did.
    If you enter 23 and then 175 adb ave, does it show the same place on the map or does it show 2 different locations on adb ave? screenshots would be great if possible. thanks.

    I doubt it's our units since were getting the same thing in mapsource, I'm guessing number search was somehow removed in our unlocking of maps, or those units are capable of searching numbers which seems weird... unless it is just not omitting the number when you search and still points to a default location. Need further info on this as I thought street numbers were not available for the longest time as they still do not work for me on several units I have.
    Last edited by gambit123; 28th June 2011 at 02:08.

  6. #95
    Pro-Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Age
    29
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vortex8 View Post
    Yes, it does show up on my unit among other POIs with numbers in their addresses.

    I did not unlock my own map.

    Btw, there were posts in RG that those who converted their 3790T firmware (US to Singapore) experienced the same symptoms of missing numbers. Don't know if you tampered with your firmware but it might be worth considering if ever you did.
    Yes, I did try converting mine to SG firmware but reverted back to US again. The only thing I can say is that even "before" trying the SG firmware, I've experienced the same thing with regards to searching for house numbers.

    Can you post a link of the discussions saying that tampering the firmware will results into this issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    @ Vortex8
    i'd like to see a screen of your 37xx US sw with POIs on map, please, till now nobody posted one, can you be so kind?
    I think vortex8 is referring to the POIs having numbers in the addreses embedded in them and not POIs on the map.

    Quote Originally Posted by gambit123 View Post
    If you enter 23 and then 175 adb ave, does it show the same place on the map or does it show 2 different locations on adb ave? screenshots would be great if possible. thanks.

    I doubt it's our units since were getting the same thing in mapsource, I'm guessing number search was somehow removed in our unlocking of maps, or those units are capable of searching numbers which seems weird... unless it is just not omitting the number when you search and still points to a default location. Need further info on this as I thought street numbers were not available for the longest time as they still do not work for me on several units I have.
    Yeah, I have the 3790T as well and experience the same thing so I guess the unit is not the problem. I don't know for sure though.

  7. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I think if it's the same thing in mapsource (can't search by numbers) it's most likely the map since that is the map I'm using on all my units...somehow street numbers were omitted during the unlock in the process/method which may of differed by theirs methods/unlock. I doubt it's the units. I have several models that I tried with RG 1.24 (255w, 285wt, 3790t, 2360LT) and all those do not display the street number and just point to the default location on the street. I dont think they are faulty and the US/EU street numbers show up fine on their respective maps.

    Just want to confirm with vortex, that 23 adb and 175 or any higher number show different positions on the map or it's simply just keeping 23 on the display but still pointing to default/same location on street regardless of the street number inputted. If you can also do the same in Mapsource, if you enter 2 different numbers, same street. If it indeed does show 2 different locations when you input 2 different numbers on the same street then pretty sure it was our method of unlocking our maps that produce this problem.

    Have not modified the firmware on any of my units they are all stock US firmware, some have been updated to latest firmware by garmin update. Again I don't think this matters much if the same img from mapsource was transferred on the garmin units, if you can't search numbers in the mapsource version should be the same on the unit, hence it's probably the way we unlocked our maps that caused this.

    (my method was using the unlocker to unlock mapsource rg... then send map from mapsource to garmin unit, hence using exact same map as the one in my mapsource). I did not use the gmapsupp.img file unlocked/locked posted in an archive.
    Last edited by gambit123; 28th June 2011 at 04:30.

  8. #97
    Pro-Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Age
    29
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    My method was to use "unlock mapset.exe" to unlock the jklinc folder and then send the mapset to my Garmin using Mapsource as well.

    Vortex, you're help would be appreciated if you can explain how you did it with your version of RG 1.24.

  9. #98
    Member mattBLK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia + Manila
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    My method was to use "unlock mapset.exe" to unlock the jklinc folder and then send the mapset to my Garmin using Mapsource as well.

    Vortex, you're help would be appreciated if you can explain how you did it with your version of RG 1.24.

    I also used the same method but went a step further and applied change TYP file.exe

    Even though i dont have a 3790T (using mobileXT) just out of interest i tried searching 23 & 175 adb ave, it led me to the same location, in the middle. Also for the first time ive noticed that even though the unit lets me search a lot number i still get a list of same streets with no street numbers and different coordinates in the next screen? see pic below. cant remember but pretty sure i could search numbers on RG1.18
    pedrog

  10. #99
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    near here
    Age
    46
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Here's what's showing in my Mapsource when I search that address. Too bad my nuvi is with my brother and he's on a road trip. I could have shown that also in my 3790T.

    @caty,

    I'm sorry for the confusion but I meant address number rather than POI number. But of course POI shows with complete details.

    @kevin,

    As I mentioned, I didn't unlock my own map, so I can't give you a procedure.
    All I can say is that what doesn't show in your gps and PC shows in mine.

    mapsource

  11. #100
    ☼ADMIN☼
    catymag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    light side
    Posts
    23,642
    Rep Power
    5327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vortex8 View Post
    But of course POI shows with complete details.
    pity anybody never post a screen of these famous POIs on maps in a 37xx US sw
    Till I cant see I wont believe
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You have to navigate to get to the good.
    Nuvi1250/Nuvi 34xx/Nuvi 2200/Nuvi 66/Oregon 600/Galaxy S5 MM 6.0.1/TomTom GO/iGO Nextgen Avic,Basar,Isr.Gift/Navigon
    Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me.

 

 
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.