Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 184
  1. #71
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi everyone. I have installed the gmap version and all appears to be working fine. However when I started planning a few trips to the US visiting firends I noticed a few strange things and wondered if this was unique to my installation or whether others were having the same issue. In particular I noticed that a number of streets are not searchable althought they exist correctly on the maps. For instance I would be interested if others are able to search for High Street Budd Lake. I can search for Budd Lake and that works.....as soon as I go for the added Street detail of High St (or any of the surrounding streets) it fails (High St is not in the drop down either). Could others try and see if they have the same result. Thanks

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #72
    Member + tli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    whereever...
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Found it in NJ, no problem here--with both MapSource on the PC and on a nuvi 200.

  4. #73
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    anyone else getting "file is broken" errors in the gmap folder parts 2/3/4?
    Last edited by deshwasi; 1st March 2011 at 13:14.

  5. #74
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deshwasi View Post
    anyone else getting "file is broken" errors in the gmap folder parts 2/3/4?
    I had this many times using the jDownloader and resorted back to standard Firefox and got them OK.

  6. #75
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vrod Rider View Post
    Hi everyone. I have installed the gmap version and all appears to be working fine. However when I started planning a few trips to the US visiting firends I noticed a few strange things and wondered if this was unique to my installation or whether others were having the same issue. In particular I noticed that a number of streets are not searchable althought they exist correctly on the maps. For instance I would be interested if others are able to search for High Street Budd Lake. I can search for Budd Lake and that works.....as soon as I go for the added Street detail of High St (or any of the surrounding streets) it fails (High St is not in the drop down either). Could others try and see if they have the same result. Thanks
    OK hopefully this is of some use to others.

    I have completely reloaded all maps and used jetmouse and reverse conversion methods. I consistantly get the above error when I have just moved the files to the Maps folder and used the Jetmouse approach.....everything appears to work fine and in most cases does......but the above is consistantly missing for me. I just used the mapreverse conversion approach and bingo everything is now working. The only thing I can see of material difference is that the first approach does not make registry entries and the second does. There will be others out there with far greater technical knowledge than me that might spot and obvious flaw in my approach and thinking but at least I have a working map. Hopefully this experience will benefit others.

    PS Moderator.......not sure why but I am still getting the message that I have "been a member fro 25 days and have not posted anything" and that I am likely to be deleted. This despite the afct that I have made several posts. Any ideas how this can be addressed. Sorry poked around and could not see where to post this.

  7. #76
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dhaka
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    No exe file found after download gmap folder need help pls

  8. #77
    ☼ADMIN☼
    catymag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    light side
    Posts
    23,595
    Rep Power
    5317

    Default

    put the gmap folder in :
    (in XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GARMIN\Maps) or
    (in Vista, Windows 7 - C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Maps)
    you'll have the map in Mapsource ( last versions)

    Quote Originally Posted by Vrod Rider View Post
    PS Moderator.......not sure why but I am still getting the message that I have "been a member fro 25 days and have not posted anything" and that I am likely to be deleted. This despite the afct that I have made several posts. Any ideas how this can be addressed. Sorry poked around and could not see where to post this.
    it's an authomatic VB message it will disappear when you'll reach 10 posts
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You have to navigate to get to the good.
    Nuvi1250/Nuvi 34xx/Nuvi 2200/Nuvi 66/Oregon 600/Galaxy S5 MM 6.0.1/TomTom GO/iGO Nextgen Avic,Basar,Isr.Gift/Navigon
    Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me.

  9. #78
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Guys,

    I have used Jdownloader in the past, I now use RDESC 2.33 The English version is here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] original site is here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] run it through google translator or Babelfish.

    Works the same as Jdownloader but is tiny in comparison.
    Last edited by Najoobk; 3rd March 2011 at 08:22.

  10. #79
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    58
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I installed the maps into Mapsource using the unlocked image, MapSetToolKit and Gmap Tool. Everything is good, except I have no search function. The search icon (binoculars) is greyed out. Did I do something wrong?

  11. #80
    Navigation software expert

    tom1807's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    APAC
    Posts
    1,100
    Rep Power
    539

    Default

    Sounds to me like a "self-made" Mapsource version, which was created from the image.
    Then Search function for address won't work

 

 
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.