Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 122
  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hhmmm, I have 24 unlocked topo's and CN maps, and they all function correctly. So no Great Britain, but thanks for the reply's.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #32
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    73

    Default

    FWIW - Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

    I sucessfully(ish) installed most of this mapset into MapSource using GMapTool 0.5.5 and unlocked with Garmin Unlocker.
    Ignore all errors in both programs.
    In MapSource I see the usual vector map to street level without topo detail and at least now have the option to select a smaller area to send to my Garmin Dakota where I can view the vector and raster maps.
    Once installed into Mapsource I can now view the entire country in 50K raster format in all its glory with BaseCamp.
    Last edited by scubadoo; 23rd September 2010 at 02:45.

  4. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Liege
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    It works on a Dakota 20.
    But it doesn't work on an Oregon 450 (latest firmware 3.80). I'm 100% the generated UNL file is correct.
    I read somewhere about a new security method Garmin is using for new maps and that devices with recent firmwares are checking on this. Something about a certificate file (.gma I think) you also need for recent maps
    Could this be the reason?

    I used Jetmouse 1.5 with checksum check fix.

  5. #34
    Important User

    Ballebar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Off the Grid ...
    Posts
    983
    Rep Power
    968

    Default

    @redcap_be

    As already written above:
    "MapID < 2200 and no need for tricks with unlocker to circumvent GMA protection."

    It works 100% with 25-char unlock code if one uses the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Check your 25-char code with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Last edited by Ballebar; 23rd September 2010 at 09:39.

  6. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Liege
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ok I'll doublecheck this evening.
    thanks

  7. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redcap_be View Post
    It works on a Dakota 20.
    But it doesn't work on an Oregon 450 (latest firmware 3.80). I'm 100% the generated UNL file is correct.
    I read somewhere about a new security method Garmin is using for new maps and that devices with recent firmwares are checking on this. Something about a certificate file (.gma I think) you also need for recent maps
    Could this be the reason?

    I used Jetmouse 1.5 with checksum check fix.
    I have the same problem with Dakota 20 software 3.30 (can't unlock map).

  8. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Liege
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    @demontazor: here it work perfect, also on Dakota 20 software 3.30 .
    @Ballebar: it works also on Oregon 450 software 3.80 (latest). I forgot to paste one character of the GPS unit ID in Jetmouse.
    Thanks!

  9. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Anglia
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks I have it working on 550T by getting unit code from Basecamp then putting that in jetmouse to generate unlock code using FID= 2043 . Then put unlock code in UNL file with map on SDcard and bingo. Great site thanks for all the info I have gleaned to get to this stage. I am now going to see if I can combine this with city navigator maps.
    Note:I have tried all mentioned ways to get SD card ID but failed at every attempt. I have another laptop to have a try this afternoon.

    Ocicat

  10. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    China
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Interestingly I also had a lot of problems unlocking this map. When I used the JetMouse on a Win7 (secured by Kaspersky) each calculated key failed. The same JetMouse program which has been transferred earlier from a XP PC to the Win7 PC using an USB memory stick produced correct keys on the XP PC itself.
    After doing a file compare there was a mismatch by just one single byte in the exe file, no idea why this could have happened.

    However, checking the resulting code by the KeyChecker is a brilliant time saving idea!

  11. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Anglia
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    OK follow up to my previous post. I have been unsuccessful in all ways to read my SD card ID's via PC/laptop. However using Catymag's info on my NUVI 1490T I have been able to find the serial of my two cards, and using this in JetMouse I unlocked both cards for GB Discoverer without any hassle, and can see OS1:50,000 maps in both my 62S and 550T. The cards are interchangeable between the two units without issue.
    I'll add my thanks now I'm here :-)
    Ocicat

 

 
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.