Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 103
  1. #61
    amorous007
    Guest

    Default

    Thank you!
    Worked perfectly on my Garmin Nuvi 255. Used fast img unlocker 1.5

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #62
    VIP Master arvind09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Hyderabad,India
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi guys any luck with the latest Map My India Maps . . .supposedly better and more detailed than the Garmin release

  4. #63
    Global Moderator

    smokefree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    @ home
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,275
    Rep Power
    717

    Default

    I downloaded version 2010.30 from the link in post #27, renamed the file gmapsupp.img, unlocked it with Fast IMG Unlocker 1.5 and placed the resulting file in a folder named Garmin on an SD card.

    On my nüvi 350, the map will not show up in the Map Info menu. It does not show detailed maps of India either when zooming in on India.
    On my nüvi 250W, the map works fine.

    Any suggestions???


    Edit (update):
    Placed the locked version of the map on the SD card, combined with an .UNL file (code generated with JM Unlock Generator v1.5). Same result: map is recognized on the nüvi 250W but not on the 350. On the 350 no error message shows, no green "progress bar" showing (like when a map is loading the first time). The nüvi 350 acts as if the SD card is not in the unit. To rule out a possible defect of the SD card slot, I have placed the locked gmapsupp.img file with associated .UNL file in the internal memory of the unit. Same result: the nüvi 350 starts up as if no map of India has ever been present. Tried the same with the unlocked version of gmapsupp.img. Same result. Final attempt was to rename the file in the internal memory to gmapprom.img. Did not fix anything either. What am I doing wrong (if anything)?
    Last edited by smokefree; 6th January 2011 at 20:49.

  5. #64
    ☼ADMIN☼
    catymag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    light side
    Posts
    23,553
    Rep Power
    5306

    Default

    the img has a PID over 2200 , with newer fw it cant work with *.unl, so use the locked img,dont use unlocked version unlock it with Fast Img Unlocker rename gmapsupp.img in a Garmin directory in sd, no *.unl, it must work.
    Check also isnt named gmapsupp.img.img, enable estensions in windows to check.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You have to navigate to get to the good.
    Nuvi1250/Nuvi 34xx/Nuvi 2200/Nuvi 66/Oregon 600/Galaxy S5 MM 6.0.1/TomTom GO/iGO Nextgen Avic,Basar,Isr.Gift/Navigon
    Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me.

  6. #65
    Member +
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi,

    I tried to use all the three version of Alternate unlocker to unlock, city navigator india 2010.30. Fast img unlocker did generate a img file in the unlocked directory.

    I used that unlocked gmapsupp.img in GMAP tool to create a installable batch file for Mapsource. It did generate and when I installed, mapsource, says , it has an error, report it to garmin. Any idea what is wrong?

  7. #66
    Global Moderator

    smokefree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    @ home
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,275
    Rep Power
    717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    the img has a PID over 2200 , with newer fw it cant work with *.unl, so use the locked img,dont use unlocked version unlock it with Fast Img Unlocker rename gmapsupp.img in a Garmin directory in sd, no *.unl, it must work.
    Check also isnt named gmapsupp.img.img, enable estensions in windows to check.
    This is almost literally what I did. See post #63:

    Quote Originally Posted by smokefree View Post
    I downloaded version 2010.30 from the link in post #27, renamed the file gmapsupp.img, unlocked it with Fast IMG Unlocker 1.5 and placed the resulting file in a folder named Garmin on an SD card.
    I did download the locked version and unlocked it with Fast IMG Unlocker. The fact everything works fine when inserting the SD card into the nüvi 250W, tells me the folder and file on the SD card as well as the SD card itself are fine. Yet, no joy on the nüvi 350...

  8. #67
    Member +
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    HI catymag,

    I have been trying with City Navigator india 2010.30 since last 5 days. I have the uncompressed image file at about 234,784KB ( 229 MB). I have tried to unlock this image file using garmin unlocker alternate v 5.31 c and also using Fast IMG unlocker v 1.5. Both does produce unlocked image. Then I tried loading the maps on my garmin gpsmap60 csx. No luck.

    I tried to run gmaptool. It does generate the required batch file. When I install it on mapsource, and pick up this map, it says unexpected error, report of garmin.

    I have tried mapsource on both windows xp and Vista home basic, no luck.

    Any idea, what could be wrong? Wonder if anyone has been successful to install this image/ file in mapsource?

    Thanks in advance

  9. #68
    Member +
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This is a working file. Map ID changed to 281 and Unlocked also.

    Working perfectly fine in Symbian Based Garmin Systems. Let me know if you have any queries.

  10. #69
    ☼ADMIN☼
    catymag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    light side
    Posts
    23,553
    Rep Power
    5306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vu2pmc View Post
    Hi,

    I tried to use all the three version of Alternate unlocker to unlock, city navigator india 2010.30. Fast img unlocker did generate a img file in the unlocked directory.

    I used that unlocked gmapsupp.img in GMAP tool to create a installable batch file for Mapsource. It did generate and when I installed, mapsource, says , it has an error, report it to garmin. Any idea what is wrong?
    read post 58.
    please try to read posts in threads, usually it helps
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You have to navigate to get to the good.
    Nuvi1250/Nuvi 34xx/Nuvi 2200/Nuvi 66/Oregon 600/Galaxy S5 MM 6.0.1/TomTom GO/iGO Nextgen Avic,Basar,Isr.Gift/Navigon
    Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me.

  11. #70
    Global Moderator

    smokefree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    @ home
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,275
    Rep Power
    717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dskmb View Post
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This is a working file. Map ID changed to 281 and Unlocked also.

    Working perfectly fine in Symbian Based Garmin Systems. Let me know if you have any queries.
    MANY THANKS! This version works on both my nüvi 250W and my nüvi 350!
    rep+

 

 
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.