Last edited by navig8r; 30th July 2009 at 23:14. Reason: more info
The link to download GPSMapManager from "vip.hyperusa.com" is not working. Any possibility of uploading the software to rapidshare for download, please?
To anyone out there with a working copy of this software, please do share it with me.
Many thanks in advance. Kind regards.
The rapidshare and the megaupload links for the CGPSmapper PRO, aren't working. Could someone please share the new links. Thank you.
wow, this should be by far one of the best posts in these forums. I was looking for the pro version too, but do you maybe have a newer version ?
anyway thanks for all the info !
I'm new to the forum. Lot's of great info. But i've come across a problem with cgpsmapper (routable ver) where the map appears locked in mapsource although it is compiled as Lock=N (from mapedit).
Steps are as follows:
1. created map with gpsmapedit. map is routable, but not locked
2. ran cgpsmapper ac 12345678.mp
3. ran cpreview 12345678_pv.txt -m ----> produces tester12.mp from preview file
4. ran cgpsmapper tester12.mp
5. edited .reg file (to point to folder) & double-clicked to install to mapsource
6. mapsource sees map, but shows as locked. not even jetmouse keygen unlocks it.
has anyone else come across something like this? i don't understand if it is defined as locked in the source code how the map behaves as though it is when compiled?
Could you post your 12345678_pv.txt file and also the header of your original mp file (12345678.mp) so I can have a look at it. I am not an expert, but have been making custom maps for my country a while now. Also which version of cgpsmapper are you using (version number and type e.g. free or routable version 0098c / 0099a)
Also, have you tried to directly export your mp file inside of gpsmapedit instead of using the line "cgpsmapper ac 12345678.mp". If you do this you may encounter problems with your pv file (levels and zoom) but by changing the values you can overcome this (has happened to me).
Another suggestion is to completely remove the line "Lock=N" in your original mp file's header. I don't think there is a use for it and who knows this might be the problem. Again I am no expert, just trying to help.
I checked everything through again. The problem was that I left the 12345678.img.idx file in the same folder as the preview files. As soon as I deleted that file, the map unlocked and displayed like it normally would in mapsource. Took me a while to figure it out, but after I re-read the cgpsmapper manual, i decided to try that.
Thanks for the help!