Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Garmin Nuvi 1200 Maps Update Problem

    I have a garmin nuvi 1200 sat nav which had a map of Spain and Gibralter on the internal memory
    I removed the Spain and Gibralter map and installed an Unlocked Uk map image file on to the internal memory.
    When I update via garmin express it wants to reload the Spain and Gibralter map.
    How do i stop it from dong this ?

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #2
    Navigation software expert

    lolypop000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    2,925
    Rep Power
    848

    Default

    You can't stop this, just ignore this update in GE.
    If you wish, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks.Is it possible to update the Uk map ? apart from downloading a newer version. ?

  5. #4
    ☼ADMIN☼
    catymag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    light side
    Posts
    23,565
    Rep Power
    5311

    Default

    If Spain is your preloaded map, you can update that map only. Nuvi is only entitled to update the 'same geographic area' as OEM.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You have to navigate to get to the good.
    Nuvi1250/Nuvi 34xx/Nuvi 2200/Nuvi 66/Oregon 600/Galaxy S5 MM 6.0.1/TomTom GO/iGO Nextgen Avic,Basar,Isr.Gift/Navigon
    Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me.

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pollywall View Post
    Thanks.Is it possible to update the Uk map ? apart from downloading a newer version. ?
    Actually, you can.

    Just perform the update with Garmin Express. When you follow the standard procedure, you can only update the Spain/Gibraltar maps as you've already noticed.
    But GE downloads the full locked Europe map which you can find in "C:\ProgramData\GARMIN\CoreService\Downloads\Map\Map_Map.EUNT.2015.40\RMU\EUNT\2015_40\IMG".
    Just uninstall everything but be sure to keep the full locked Europe map (save it somewhere else).
    After the uninstall, just install the full locked Europe map by clicking on the msi file.
    After that, use a unlock tool like "UnLockMapSource_v5.0" to unlock the Europe maps.
    Startup Basecamp, connect your device and you can install any map on the device you want.

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by be037446 View Post
    Actually, you can.

    Just perform the update with Garmin Express. When you follow the standard procedure, you can only update the Spain/Gibraltar maps as you've already noticed.
    But GE downloads the full locked Europe map which you can find in "C:\ProgramData\GARMIN\CoreService\Downloads\Map\Map_Map.EUNT.2015.40\RMU\EUNT\2015_40\IMG".
    Just uninstall everything but be sure to keep the full locked Europe map (save it somewhere else).
    After the uninstall, just install the full locked Europe map by clicking on the msi file.
    After that, use a unlock tool like "UnLockMapSource_v5.0" to unlock the Europe maps.
    Startup Basecamp, connect your device and you can install any map on the device you want.
    Just uninstall everything , from where ?
    Could you explain a bit more , not up on garmins.

    Thanks for your quick reply

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pollywall View Post
    Just uninstall everything , from where ?
    Could you explain a bit more , not up on garmins.

    Thanks for your quick reply
    Forgot to mention it.
    GE allows you to install maps on 1) Device only, 2) Device and computer and 3) Computer only. You have to choose "Computer only" and this installs everything on your computer.
    Next use Basecamp (installed also during this step) to transfer any map to your device. You need some basic knowledge of Basecamp of course.

    346q1jp

    2ln8e4k

    ljuro
    Last edited by be037446; 10th May 2015 at 14:37.

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.