Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Surrey UK
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    got the unit back.
    I put the gmapsupp.img and the gmap3d.img files onto an micro sd card in a directory named Map. unlocked them.

    Copied the D2504180A.JCV file to the .system/JCV folder in the unit.

    Renamed the gmapprom.img to gmapprom.im_ and gmapprom.sum to gmapprom.sum in the .system of the unit.

    Put the card into the unit and switched it on but it will not reed the maps.

    I switched the unit on went into Tools/Settings/Maps/info and the screen doesn't show any maps at all. before, it would display CN Europe NT 2011.10.

    When the unit is plugged into windows explorer it show the card as a separate drive.

    I found the GarminDevice.xml file and opened it in visual studio. the file paths were correct for the map files.
    Last edited by NickSums; 28th March 2015 at 15:38.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #12
    ☼ADMIN☼
    catymag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    light side
    Posts
    23,616
    Rep Power
    5322

    Default

    Have you removed or renamed .gma and .unl ?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You have to navigate to get to the good.
    Nuvi1250/Nuvi 34xx/Nuvi 2200/Nuvi 66/Oregon 600/Galaxy S5 MM 6.0.1/TomTom GO/iGO Nextgen Avic,Basar,Isr.Gift/Navigon
    Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me.

  4. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Surrey UK
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Having looked in the mirror and given myself a good talking too for being so stupid, I have realised a very simple and stupid mistake that I made.

    I put an s on the end of the Map folder so it read Maps (because there were two in there) having removed the s to make it Map, it worked first time.

    I also connected it to basecamp and updated the firmware which seems like it needed doing and now all is fine, many thanks for your help.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.