Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Voice Command doesn't work after manually updating to latest City Navigator

    hi everyone,

    I have a Garmin 3790 and after manually updating to City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia NT 2012.20, the ASR (Voice Command) doesnt work for "Find by Name", "Find Address" and "Find City". If I select "Find by Name", it will say "This feature is not available for American/British English"...if I choose "Find Address" or "Find City", it will say "This feature is not available for Singapore"...

    previously, it worked when my City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia NT is 2010.30. After updating it to the latest 2012.20 by unlocking the image file using Fast Unlocker and then transferring it over to my Garmin, the ASR doesn't work already. Does any users face this problem? Do I need to transfer any files over to make it work?

    Thanks for the help in advance.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #2
    Member + Pipkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    St Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    83

    Default

    I suppose, CN 2012.20 uses other, newer ASR files. Try find them anywhere...

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have the ASR files inside the ASR folder öf the zip file (00DW3R40.SRX and 00DW3R41.ASR). Which folder should I transfer them to my Garmin 3790? I cant find any folder or files associated with the ASR files in my Garmin. Please advice.

  5. #4
    Member + Pipkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    St Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    83

    Default

    I don't know 3790 at all, but, for instance, on my Nuvi 3490LT voice recognition works fine with the City Navigator Russia NT 2013.20 and doesn't work properly with Roads of Russia 5.27. Both maps are the freshest. So, I think, VC does depend on maps too.
    Moreover, I have bought Nuvi with the preinstalled City Navigator Russia NT 2013.10. Then I've updated it to 2013.20. ASR files of 2013.10 and those of 2013.20 are different.
    So, maybe it would be good idea to find anybody with City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia NT 2012.20 installed on same device (and same firmware) and friendly ask him to share ASR folder. I hope you won't be refused.
    Last edited by Pipkin; 28th July 2012 at 22:45.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    anyone else can help me on this?

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Choo View Post
    I have the ASR files inside the ASR folder öf the zip file (00DW3R40.SRX and 00DW3R41.ASR). Which folder should I transfer them to my Garmin 3790? I cant find any folder or files associated with the ASR files in my Garmin. Please advice.
    The ASR folder is contained in the 'hidden' .system folder. You need to enable view hidden files and folders in Windows explorer. You also need to make sure the 3490 is set to show all folders mode (check out the Tutorial page)[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fringe View Post
    The ASR folder is contained in the 'hidden' .system folder. You need to enable view hidden files and folders in Windows explorer. You also need to make sure the 3490 is set to show all folders mode (check out the Tutorial page)[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    so what I need to do is to enable the hidden system folder, copy the 2 files into the ASR folder in my Garmin 3790 and I am good to go?

  9. #8
    Garmin Super Moderator

    kenta2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    on earth
    Posts
    1,163
    Rep Power
    1690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Choo View Post
    so what I need to do is to enable the hidden system folder, copy the 2 files into the ASR folder in my Garmin 3790 and I am good to go?
    Yes but you must remove the old ASR files first before you add the new ones

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenta2 View Post
    Yes but you must remove the old ASR files first before you add the new ones
    hi kenta2,

    other then replacing the ASR files, is there any files I should replace too? to properly use the updated maps...

  11. #10
    Garmin Super Moderator

    kenta2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    on earth
    Posts
    1,163
    Rep Power
    1690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Choo View Post
    hi kenta2,

    other then replacing the ASR files, is there any files I should replace too? to properly use the updated maps...
    Delete the old ASR files and replace with these files 00DW3R40.SRX and 00DW3R41.ASR some you have

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.