Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0

    Default How to make Garmin 3790T Chinese input works?

    Is there anybody know how to get the Chinese input work on 3790T? It has all the .kbd files in the keyboard folder, but when tried to swith to Simplfy Chinese, it still type English. I just install a map for China, but I need chinese input to search. Any help will be apprciated.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #2
    Important User

    aekhong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    1,216
    Rep Power
    449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andynyc2003 View Post
    Is there anybody know how to get the Chinese input work on 3790T? It has all the .kbd files in the keyboard folder, but when tried to swith to Simplfy Chinese, it still type English. I just install a map for China, but I need chinese input to search. Any help will be apprciated.
    DO you already have Chinese .kbd file?
    So ., try to set Locale to Chinese.
    I am not sure it will work but you can try.

    Set locale is a step when you get hard reset your device.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aekhong View Post
    DO you already have Chinese .kbd file?
    So ., try to set Locale to Chinese.
    I am not sure it will work but you can try.

    Set locale is a step when you get hard reset your device.
    I have tried to set the locale to Chinese, it can read but not type, there are whole bunch input options besides English, but no one works. I also have chinese .kbd file in the keyboard folder, don't know why it doesn't work.

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andynyc2003 View Post
    I have tried to set the locale to Chinese, it can read but not type, there are whole bunch input options besides English, but no one works. I also have chinese .kbd file in the keyboard folder, don't know why it doesn't work.
    I have similar problem, but mine is worse and it won't show the Chines keyboard input anymore. My kbd file appears to be corrupted. Can some one please kindly upload and post a working Chinese kbd file? Thanks!

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.