Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Mapsource error since MapsetToolkit used

    Hallo everyone,
    this is my first post here.
    I have Mapsource 6.13.7 in use and it works great with an abundance of installed maps. Some maps have a name in Mapsource drop down menu which does not identify the map at all. E.g. "India CN Q4 2009" is displayed as "India, India, India, India, India" in Mapsource. So I decided to change the mapset name with the program MapSetTool 1.62. Afterwards Mapsource could not be started anymore. As I have changed several mapsets and there is no feature to undo the changes I am looking for a way to get the Mapsource application back to a working state without deinstalling everything and re-installing everything from scratch or even do a fresh system install as Mapsource is very fragile with changes as you might know.
    I already tried to install mapsource again with the Mapsource_6137.exe from garmin.com to no avail.
    Any suggestions?
    Regards,
    Juergen

    PS. Otherwise I am very thankful for your application MapSetTool!

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #2
    ☼ADMIN☼
    catymag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    light side
    Posts
    23,627
    Rep Power
    5322

    Default

    look at this reply
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You have to navigate to get to the good.
    Nuvi1250/Nuvi 34xx/Nuvi 2200/Nuvi 66/Oregon 600/Galaxy S5 MM 6.0.1/TomTom GO/iGO Nextgen Avic,Basar,Isr.Gift/Navigon
    Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me.

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Resolved by myself

    Want let you know I just resolved the error.
    MapSetTool generates with the renaming of the mapset name in Mapsource the mdx and the tdb files in the corresponding map directory. The good news is that it generates a bak file of the both files.
    I renamed all the bak files back to the original files and voila!
    cypherman should invest some work to get rid of this annoying behavior from his otherwise great app.
    Juergen

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.