Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 155
  1. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Creating MPC Map & locking?

    With the help of you all I managed install MPC 7.22 & it is working fine. But creating a map is not seems to be very easy compare to GPSMapEdit. when convert mp file into shp file, it seems most of the data is missing.

    I appreciate if any expert in this forum can upload a step by step tutorial or example files to help others. (transfer from mp to shap)

    If we create any locked map using MPC, what is the procedure to unlock the map?

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Unhappy

    Hi.
    I have a problem. How I can fix it?
    Preprocessing for Map Build Engine...
    ERROR: Error creating map image.
    Unable to open MTX file for map preprocessing
    C:\projects\mapcreate\MPC_MtxExport.cxx - 390

    error.1304230663

    P.S. I am using Windows 7 x64 and starting the MPC software as Administator.

  4. #43
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Suriname
    Age
    45
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shyamaldlr View Post
    With the help of you all I managed install MPC 7.22 & it is working fine. But creating a map is not seems to be very easy compare to GPSMapEdit. when convert mp file into shp file, it seems most of the data is missing.

    I appreciate if any expert in this forum can upload a step by step tutorial or example files to help others. (transfer from mp to shap)

    If we create any locked map using MPC, what is the procedure to unlock the map?
    Hello Shyamdlr,

    I also was looking for a quick way to convert mp to shp, but so far no luck.
    What I did is the following.
    I created my shp files by using cGPSMapper. There are at least 2 problems arising from this:
    1: The headers of the tables produced by cGPSMapper are different from the ones needed by MPC; for instance in cGPSMapper files the type of roads are called "TYPE" and the values are numbers e.g "24", while MPC needs as an input "GRMN_TYPE" with text as input e.g. "PRINCIPAL_HWY". In the helpfile from MPC you can find the necessary header-names and possible values. I am using the free software FGIS to change the headers and the free software Quantum GIS to change the values and draw new polylines (roads), polygons (areas) and points (POI). Quantum GIS is a very nice software, but sadly it can not change the headers; thankfully FGIS can.
    2: In GPSMapEdit a road could be drawn as one complete line with different sidestreets connected to it. MPC does not like that. If you do this, you will notice that most lines will not be routable. You will need to split every line (road) per sidestreet and give this its own Link-ID number. This is a lot of work, especially if you have many roads. Maybe there is another GIS software out there that does this automatically.

    You can create your own 3D-buildings, YAY!!! But so far this is one hell of a job. So far I have not found an easy way to do this. I notice that in de sample files they have used AutoCAD and a plugin to create the necessary WaveFront files, but they are very costly. And I'm doing this alone and as a hobby, so the money ain't available. I have tried using Google Sketchup, but for some reason the buildings turn 90 degrees and I can't get the pictures right. Also I have tried ZModeler2 which has nice options, but on my pc it gets very slow when I have too many objects on the screen (running Windows 7 32 bit). On my laptop I don't have this problem (windows XP). I will look into this in the future since I don't have that much spare time right now.

    Hopefully my little explanation can help you get started. If you happen to find a good manual on the subject, please share.

  5. #44
    Navigation software expert

    Cnfhbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CIS
    Posts
    1,226
    Rep Power
    476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by artyomka View Post
    Hi.
    I have a problem. How I can fix it?
    Preprocessing for Map Build Engine...
    ERROR: Error creating map image.
    Unable to open MTX file for map preprocessing
    C:\projects\mapcreate\MPC_MtxExport.cxx - 390
    artyomka,
    Try Build Location: C:\Users\Артем\ -> C:\Users\Artem\, for example.
    MPC isn’t on friendly terms with Cyrillic in the path to a files …
    Last edited by Cnfhbr; 2nd May 2011 at 18:02.

  6. #45
    Navigation software expert


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Czech Republic/Prague
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    142

    Default

    I convert mp to shp by Global Mapper. Because the dbf files from Global Mapper are unusable in MPC, I wrote a program in FoxPro to change columns in the gbf files. For example one piece of this program:

    alter table trasy add one_way n(1)
    repla all one_way with 0
    set filter to substr(routeparam,5,1)='1'
    repla all one_way with 1

    I also had to write another program in C to split lines of the mp file in their nodes.

  7. #46
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Suriname
    Age
    45
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhrd View Post
    I convert mp to shp by Global Mapper. Because the dbf files from Global Mapper are unusable in MPC, I wrote a program in FoxPro to change columns in the gbf files. For example one piece of this program:

    alter table trasy add one_way n(1)
    repla all one_way with 0
    set filter to substr(routeparam,5,1)='1'
    repla all one_way with 1

    I also had to write another program in C to split lines of the mp file in their nodes.
    Waw. that's nice man. I tried Global Mapper also to create the shapefiles and since it uses text-values for the roadtypes, it's easier to convert with FGIS and Quantum GIS. It would be great if you could share the software you wrote for splitting the lines. I still have to do this manualy and with 1000's of roads that is very time consuming.

  8. #47
    Navigation software expert


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Czech Republic/Prague
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    142

    Default

    In the attachment is the source code as well the exe file. It is a command line program and its input is the mp file, which lines are to be broken.

    I tried to translate the outputs the program into English, but I was too lazy to translate the comments. Still, I hope, it will be legible for you.

    Please, keep in mind
    - I am not any professional programmer. I program only for my pleasure, so be lenient to me.
    - It is supposed, that input file has only polyline, which are to be broken.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  9. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnfhbr View Post
    artyomka,
    Try Build Location: C:\Users\Артем\ -> C:\Users\Artem\, for example.
    MPC isn’t on friendly terms with Cyrillic in the path to a files …
    OOO!! Thanks. =)

  10. #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    even I can not work with this lic

  11. #50
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Suriname
    Age
    45
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    34

    Default How to create 3D Buildings??

    Anyone know where to find more information on how to create 3D buildings.
    I tried different ways to make the files but no luck so far.
    Thanks.

 

 
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.