Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Round the Round-a-bout

Hi all,

Had a trip to Wales recently and for what ever reason Igo Primo (latest UK map) kept wanting to send me off the motorway, round the round-a-bout to get back on the same piece of motorway. I didnt follow this route but having it tell me to come off at every junction was rather frustrating to say the least.

The same thing happened on the way home so wasn't a one off to a set location.

I have looked through the settings and cant find anything obvious I have ticked. Route setting is for fastest using the motorway with historical traffic un-ticked.

Any ideas or help please.

2.    Advertissements

Strange. Map related? Haven't seen this behavior before (on the continent, then).
    Does this happen when you set up the route and then run the demo route too? HERE maps or TT maps?
    And if you replace HERE with TT (or the other way around) it still happens?

Its a Here map, the destination was a poi i made using google. Will try demo route and will try manually putting the address in to see if its to do with how the poi has been made ?

Will have to have a play over the festive period

I don't think the destination (address or POI) matters. The map can, your settings can, I can't think of anything else.
    A setup route, run in demo mode, will show, you won't have to drive.

I sometimes have this happen at random locations usually on midlands section of M1,i just ignore it,it's pretty obvious when it occurs.
    There are quite a few glitches with routing with NT maps in the UK,particularly with destinations around Corby and parts of east and west London,always need to check route overview,very obvious when you look.

Thus you are saying it's the map causing this, it's happening locally and it's only the HERE map, not the TT map.

Could be the mapset,could be a software issue,i don't know.The glitches i speak of are unusual to say the least;input a certain postal code and it attempts to navigate along totally incorrect routes and then plots a perfectly straight route along non-existant roads.It's obvious when it happens as the distance left is massive and totally wrong.I'll try to get a couple of screen shots to show what i mean.

I only use here/navteq maps on my system,always used for truck use and had very little "dodgy" routing,which could be very awkward in a large vehicle.
    With tt or anything tomtom related,i had in the past, numerous major routing mistakes which is too risky,hence i won't ever use them again,it maybe ok for car use but not for me.
    Just my view,i need 100% confidence in my setup,along with the usual common sense.

Here are a few examples of routing issues.Had to use camera for pics,screen capture not working.[IMG][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][/IMG][IMG][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][/IMG]
    And another map glitch,been like this for a number of years.[IMG][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][/IMG]
    Bear in mind i'm on android now but was the same in wince.

I wonder: could it be the Primo build?
    I have not yet seen anything like this in my set up.

It's been like this in several builds i've used,i'm using 9.6.29.427562 now,i've found this the most stable and reliable version so far.I think so many other builds available have been "interfered" with so much they are not reliable at all,ver "404" was a nightmare for me,constantly crashing,forcing app reboot everytime.
    I use a self customised dimka skin,but even with standard non modded skins still get the odd glitch,so i don't believe it's a skin issue.
    The glitches aren't really a problem for me,just need to check the route overview,if there is an error it is very obvious as can be seen in the screenshots.Just moving the destination,sometimes as little as 200m can remove the error and i get routing as normal and expected.