Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

@Neil

>>Do you have a backup of region 41?

Yes I think so. XMLfile03_regionfileonly__410.rgn? It was reloaded by Express into the folder 'SW-006-D1122-03-4.10'.

2.    Advertissements

Okay I've formatted it again with RMPrepUSB according to the instructions. The nuvi 2595(with an empty disk)boots as far as the Garmin screen with blue triangle, then shuts down. It is completely accessible as a storage device so I can delete and copy to it. Thoughts? I have neither garmindevice.xml or gmapbmap.img.

Navigation software expert Nuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognized
    Nuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognizedNuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognizedNuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognized

Now create empty folder and add name Garmin.
    If you use cure tool then you must now flash with original FW
    turn off/On device and you will find garmindevice inside folder Garmin and when you run webupdater you can update device.

To all

Okay I've got it! Once I had run CureFW(probably wasn't necessary) and then OriginalFW the device booted. There was no data on hard drive, not even a folder. I ran Webupdater the nuvi was connected immediately. I'm now on my way to a working GPS. Have reloaded POI's and Favs. I've now got to endure Express. Want to use MapUpdater but it wants a product key which I can't find or Garmin won't give.

Cliff

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Nuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognized
    Nuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognizedNuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognizedNuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognizedNuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognizedNuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognizedNuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognizedNuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognized

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    @cliffy2
    Some units won't boot empty and require there be files onboard but in my experience 2595 is definitely not one of them, it can be totally empty .....
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffy2 View Post
    Okay I've formatted it again with RMPrepUSB according to the instructions. The nuvi 2595(with an empty disk)boots as far as the Garmin screen with blue triangle, then shuts down. It is completely accessible as a storage device so I can delete and copy to it. Thoughts? I have neither garmindevice.xml or gmapbmap.img.
    To be clear about that i knew it would because i deleted everything on my 2595 as a test before that post and it booted empty. With cure fw on board, your unit CANNOT boot, which is the whole purpose of the modded cure fw. It stops the boot so the unit can be accessed in Mass Storage Mode by PC.... But... it was just sticking on the Garmin logo and not 'shut down' as you said. If the screen went blank when it's being accessed in MSM that doesn't mean it's shut down [it cannot access MSM if turned off and should immediately turn on when connected to PC because that's then supplying power to it anyway]. And it should be empty when you look at it because it was re-formatted previously and it hasn't yet been able to boot to create those folders i mentioned. It's no problem for the unit if you do create a Garmin folder [and/or a .System folder too and add a basemap for that matter] while it's still got cure fw onboard provided you aren't using any possibly suspect files from your backup. Then for it to be able to boot fully you must flash the full original firmware back to it as you've now done.

..... Do you have a backup of region 41?
    @Neil

>>Do you have a backup of region 41?

Yes I think so. XMLfile03_regionfileonly__410.rgn? It was reloaded by Express into the folder 'SW-006-D1122-03-4.10'.
    No that's not what i was asking, but if you didn't understand it means you don't have such a backup. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Fortunately you didn't need it now, but it's something for for you to do as a safeguard for the future.

Okay I've got it! Once I had run CureFW(probably wasn't necessary) and then OriginalFW the device booted. There was no data on hard drive, not even a folder. I ran Webupdater the nuvi was connected immediately. I'm now on my way to a working GPS. Have reloaded POI's and Favs. I've now got to endure Express. Want to use MapUpdater but it wants a product key which I can't find or Garmin won't give.
    If MU demands a product key for a map you know your unit's entitled to, you should be able to find that by going to your Garmin Account and if the device is registered look in 'My Maps' > Manage Maps. The map should be shown next to your 2595 and underneath is a clickable link 'Details'. That will take to to another page, scroll down to 'Installed Maps' and find the 'Code' which is the 'product key' MU is wanting. Then you should be ok to update with it.

Congratulations by the way.

Thread marked Solved.
    Last edited by Neil; 19th November 2014 at 10:06 PM.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

@Neil

>>The map should be shown next to your 2595 and underneath is a clickable link 'Details'.
    >>That will take you to another page, scroll down to 'Installed Maps' and find the 'Code' which is the 'product key' MU is wanting

That's what I thought, an 8no. code? It won't work though, MU was having none of it.

Cliff

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Nuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognized
    Nuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognizedNuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognizedNuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognizedNuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognizedNuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognizedNuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognizedNuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognized

It MU isn't accepting it and GE won't let you download your oem maps then you need to contact Garmin support. I see you're in UK so don't bother emailing them, they don't answer by all reports. Jump on the blower, coz i've heard their phone support is really good. They'll be able to enable your maps, but i dunno if you should let them know that it's been bricked and cured as i'm not sure on what their attitude is to 'outside repairs'. The would have told you to send it in with a big cheque for an exchange unit when it's outside of warranty.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

I can get access to my maps from Express no problem, the device is registered with Garmin, it's just MU. I wouldn't waste time ringing, just have to bear Express.

Important User Nuvi 2595 loses maps and not recognized

MU is discontinued and not working anymore since a couple of maps releases in my experience.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    MU is discontinued and not working anymore since a couple of maps releases in my experience.
    MU is still offered by Garmin. Not sure if it is still functional with the latest map updates. Info here:

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Download here:

Code:
    FAQ's here:

Code: