Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Member + Help me find my car functionHelp me find my car function RDesikan's Avatar

Default Help me find my car function

Read somewhere that when you remove the device from the cradle it automatically saves its position so you can find your wy back. is this true and how do I take advantage of this function?

2.    Advertissements

Master Help me find my car functionHelp me find my car functionHelp me find my car function

Quote Originally Posted by RDesikan View Post
    Read somewhere that when you remove the device from the cradle it automatically saves its position so you can find your wy back. is this true and how do I take advantage of this function?
    First of all, that feature is not on all models so you better see if you have it.

How it works...
    For example: if you were in a strange city and you parked your vehicle in a parking garage when you take the GPS out of the mount it saves your current location as a waypoint named "Last Position". If you then wander/tour the city for the a few hours or day and take the GPS with you, you can always find your way back to the car (or at least the garage). Simply power up the GPS, wait for a satelite lock and do a "GoTo" the "Last Position" waypoint saved as a favorite. You're basically just using it as a handheld.

Important User Help me find my car function
    Help me find my car functionHelp me find my car functionHelp me find my car functionHelp me find my car functionHelp me find my car functionHelp me find my car functionHelp me find my car function

Imagine you parked your car here
    DisneylandParking
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Member + Help me find my car functionHelp me find my car function RDesikan's Avatar

I have a nuvi 765t, and I don't think it has it. But couldn't i save my coordinates with where am i? and then track myself back that way? I'm going to Disney and their parking lots are huge.

Navigation software expert Help me find my car function
    Help me find my car functionHelp me find my car functionHelp me find my car function

And that is the problem? On my nuvi 765t when I had removed it from cradle and then had turned off it always I had got the LAST POSITION point in Favourite. If it is principal I always put my finger to vehicle icon and save current position for full surely.
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

I looked in favorite just now and I didn't see last position. It's late I'll try it tomorrow. Hadn't thought about pressing the car icon. ( Or ship in my case.) DO I need to have avoid off road unchecked?
    Last edited by RDesikan; 15th November 2014 at 04:59 AM.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Help me find my car function
    Help me find my car functionHelp me find my car functionHelp me find my car functionHelp me find my car functionHelp me find my car functionHelp me find my car functionHelp me find my car function

If you mean Tools>Settings>Navigation>Route Preference>Off Road, only if you want to be routed in a straight line back to the saved last position. Use either Faster Time or Shorter Distance while walking back if the Carpark 'roads' are actually shown on the map. I'm sure the actual Disneyland internal roads/walkways are shown so that'd help you get outta the goddam place anyway.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Master Help me find my car functionHelp me find my car functionHelp me find my car function

Quote Originally Posted by RDesikan View Post
    I have a nuvi 765t, and I don't think it has it. But couldn't i save my coordinates with where am i? and then track myself back that way? I'm going to Disney and their parking lots are huge.
    Your 765T DOES have the feture. I have a 765T. In fact I've relied on the last position feature in Disney myself on several occasions and once in Philidelphia after exploring the city for about 9 hours.

It's described on Page-11 or your 7x5 owners manual.

IMPORTANT: For the "Last Location" to work (be created and saved), there must be power to the cradle when the GPS is removed.

And yes, you could achieve similar results on any nuvi by touching the car as in the "where am I" function and then name and save the location yourself.

Important User Help me find my car function

Thanks, added this as [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in Tutorial Index
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Quote Originally Posted by tiger555 View Post
    Your 765T DOES have the feture. I have a 765T. In fact I've relied on the last position feature in Disney myself on several occasions and once in Philidelphia after exploring the city for about 9 hours.

It's described on Page-11 or your 7x5 owners manual.

IMPORTANT: For the "Last Location" to work (be created and saved), there must be power to the cradle when the GPS is removed.

And yes, you could achieve similar results on any nuvi by touching the car as in the "where am I" function and then name and save the location yourself.
    exact and is same with my nuvi 360