Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Is this patch works in Chinese version of monterra firmware?

2.    Advertissements

AlexWhiter

Quote Originally Posted by hehexu View Post
    Is this patch works in Chinese version of monterra firmware?
    There's only one way to find out - test it

AlexWhiter

Freshly released firmware versions 3.20 for GPSMAP 64, 6.20 for Montana, and 4.20 for Oregon 6x0 are not yet supported by the patcher.
    I'm leaving for a vacation trip for a couple of weeks, so I cannot update the patcher right now.
    Please be patient, I'll add the support of these new firmwares as soon as I return

GPSMAP 64 firmware JNX patched!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

AlexWhiter

I've finally managed to add the support of the recently released firmware versions.
    The patcher itself has not changed, only the definition file has. You need to turn on the auto-update feature of the patcher, and it will load the signature definitions.

Unfortunately, my web-server seems to be very close to the bandwidth limitation
    So, in case you cannot use the auto-updater, here are the contents of the defs.txt file: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You can place this file into the same folder where FirmwarePatcher.exe is, and the patched will use it on the next start.

I'll upload the updated patcher a bit later.

First Test Oregon 650 FW4.30: Works and no problems with JNX generated with Mobac.

After patching 4.10 in my eTrex 30, unit was trying to update firmware and stopped on "Software Loader Ready"... Only entering to mass storage mode (joy up while booting) and deleting update file has bringed back my unit to life...

EDIT: Test I've made:
    3.70 patched -> 4.11 (4.10 patched + incremented no. of version) = SLR (Software Loader Ready)
    4.10 org -> 4.11 (as above) = SLR
    4.10 org -> 3.90 org -> 4.11 = SLR
    3.90 org -> 4.10 (patched but without incrementing of version ) = OK!
    Last edited by tboniasty; 19th October 2014 at 05:21 PM.

AlexWhiter

@tboniasty

Thanks for reporting this problem!
    I've checked the Etrex firmwares, and it seems the patcher breaks the firmware loader block in Etrex GCD file, when "Adjust version" feature is used.
    I'll try to fix this ASAP.

AlexWhiter

Alright, the patcher is updated to version 3.22.
    In this release:
    * Support of the latest firmwares for Alpha 100, Astro 320, Etrex 20/30, GPSMAP 6x, Montana, Oregon 6x0 and Rino 6xx incorporated in the patcher.
    * Recognition of Edge 510 Chinese edition added.
    * Bug fixed: the version adjustment feature could break the firmware loader block in GCD files for Etrex, Montana, Astro, Alpha.

The version is available from its [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Direct link is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

AlexWhiter

Hi everyone!

I got a sad message from my web-hoster, Brinkster. They are going to abandon their free web-hosting accounts, which I'm using for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    There are only two options: either switch to a paid account, or migrate to some other hosting (and to change site address, of course).
    I'd prefer to leave the site address intact, so the best option would be to get a paid account.

Unfortunately, I cannot afford the account upgrade right now, and I'm asking for your help.
    If anyone would like to support the upgrade, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

To moderators:
    I'm not sure if this post is appropriate in this forum. If it's not, please feel free to delete it.