Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member + 3790LMT garmin express map updates3790LMT garmin express map updates mallard2's Avatar

Hi Neil ,
    removed gmap3D,gmapprom & gmap dem, connected to garmin express and all it tells me is that the software is up to date ....nothing about maps !!

Don't know what was on the unit originally but it has the previous map version on it which I got from here .

My Garmin still shows as MPC map .....(I understand that this means "Map Product Creator")How or what does this indicate & is this the reason I dont get map
    updates on GE.....

Regards

2.    Advertissements

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. 3790LMT garmin express map updates
    3790LMT garmin express map updates3790LMT garmin express map updates3790LMT garmin express map updates3790LMT garmin express map updates3790LMT garmin express map updates3790LMT garmin express map updates3790LMT garmin express map updates

Maybe it's time for you to contact Garmin UK support about this. Regardless of whether a device is or isn't LM, on the 'Device Content' tab of the Map Update page it should at least show you the OEM detail mapping factory-loaded [see post #8] even if there has been no other official updates done since it was purchased. This is an AU 3790 non-LM which has never been updated:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

But it still shows the OEM map details. Once updated it will still show the map and Product key as in Post #8 pics.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Member + 3790LMT garmin express map updates3790LMT garmin express map updates mallard2's Avatar

Hi Neil
    OK , Will contact garmin & let you know the outcome....

3790LMT garmin express map updates3790LMT garmin express map updates3790LMT garmin express map updates3790LMT garmin express map updates3790LMT garmin express map updates3790LMT garmin express map updates3790LMT garmin express map updates

I should mention that UK support by other reports seems not so good with email enquiries, but shines with phone-in support. Just don't use a French accent.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Hi Neil ,
    Contacted garmin via email ( Bad Idea )!! I was informed that I should buy a new sd card and try again ...!!!!!

I then telephoned them and was advised that as this unit had not been updated for 3 years , it had reverted to basic information only ! ...anyway the chap I spoke with then told me he was resetting the account & that I should now try again ......hey presto ! all is now ok and it is updating as I type ....

You were correct in that the email support is poor but telephone service is very good
    Thanks to all for the assistance in resolving this

Interesting, although prepared to reinstate LM as they did for you [even though you're not the original purchaser] that would indicate Garmin UK seems to toe the party line on LM subscription limit of 24 months life without an update, paying it lip-service at least anyway. Garmin AU apparently doesn't enforce it because I've updated LM units without problem which hadn't been updated for well over the 2 year limit. This is the legal jargon, inter alia, from Garmin regarding 'lifetime': "A product will be deemed to be out of service and its useful life to be ended if no updates have been downloaded for such product for a period of 24 months or more" and "Your nüMaps Lifetime subscription or other lifetime map subscription may not be transferred to another person or another Garmin product". So they did you a favour reactivating it, they could have told you 'stiff bickies'.

Info:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Yep, the email response e is cr*p in UK as heard from others [AU has quite good email response but you'd need a meal-break waiting to get to the top of the phone queue]. However, it seems that it isn't true UK support desk strangle a kitten every time they receive an email request.
    I have it on good authority that they've switched to puppies some time back.

Thanks for reporting back, we can mark this thread 'Solved'.
    Last edited by Neil; 17th September 2014 at 01:01 AM. Reason: typo correction.