Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Neil, it did not work.
    I unlocked the 'gmapprom.img file using gimgunlock, and renamed it to gmapsupp.img and put it in the folder 'Garmin' on the device.
    Unplugged the device from the PC and turned it on. However, when I went to settings > Map & Vehicle > myMaps I don't see the Indonesia map installed.
    Is it because of the simple fact I did not use a microSD card? or is there something I did wrong?
    Am I also to copy the JVC file along with gmapsupp.img file?

2.    Advertissements

Navigation software expert City Navigator Indonesia 2014.20
    City Navigator Indonesia 2014.20City Navigator Indonesia 2014.20

I am not sure about your device, but it's possible that the map should be in .system (Please note the dot in front of the word).
    However, you are on the safe side if you create a folder "Map" on your device, rename the Indonesia map to anything but "gmapprom" or gmapsupp" and copy it to the Map folder.
    You'll find more detailed information in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Cheers
    Tom

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. City Navigator Indonesia 2014.20
    City Navigator Indonesia 2014.20City Navigator Indonesia 2014.20City Navigator Indonesia 2014.20City Navigator Indonesia 2014.20City Navigator Indonesia 2014.20City Navigator Indonesia 2014.20City Navigator Indonesia 2014.20

Quote Originally Posted by agnikesh View Post
    Neil, it did not work.
    Is it because of the simple fact I did not use a microSD card? or is there something I did wrong?
    All you did wrong is assume you could do the same for the unit, my suggestion was only for the card. Spend a few bucks for a small microSD, follow my previous advice and you won't risk bricking the unit. It's only a small risk however, so it you want to put it on the unit follow Tom's advices for root folder .System or better still Map root folder.

Am I also to copy the JVC file along with gmapsupp.img file?
    JCV file goes in JCV sub-folder of .System on unit, or in JCV sub-folder in Garmin folder on card.
    Before you ask anymore basic questions, please do the reading suggested by Tom. You'll save time that way for sure.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].