Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

autovelox iGO8 Speed Camera Map File Types

Hi i was going to update my GPS SD card for my iGO8 and it has "Australia.SPB" file in the "Speedcam" folder rather than the type of file contained in the update being "Australia.SPC"

the other file type in the update received is a "SpeedcamUpdates.spud" and this is also in the SD card so no problems updating that.

Do i need to replace the .SPB with the .SPC or do i have an incomplete update for the speedcameras.
    ( there were no .TXT files nor .SPDB files just the 2 mentioned above in the update for Speedcameras

Cheers

Last edited by D.I.I.; 11th August 2014 at 07:39 AM.

2.    Advertissements

If you have deleted the velox you just have also put the text file from my post [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]in txt format for iGO 8 and Primo. post #2 Release world to 20\07\2014
    Last edited by Boki; 5th August 2018 at 07:08 PM.

Sorry,
    I'm a bit of a newbie, does this mean that I don't need to worry about the .spb / .spc update and just update the .txt file you linked to?

Thanks in advance

Master

To update the speedcams in your GPS, delete the files speedcam.spdb and SpeedcamUpdates.spud and copy the new *.txt or *.spc file to the */content/speedcam directory and restart iGO. The file will automatically update the database and iGO will generate new speedcam.spdb and SpeedcamUpdates.spud files in the speedcam directory.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob75 View Post
    Sorry,
    I'm a bit of a newbie, does this mean that I don't need to worry about the .spb / .spc update and just update the .txt file you linked to?

Thanks in advance

The speedcam in iGO are of various types, Spec, txt, spud, kml.if you have deleted the Spec, and you put the txt files, just no problem. Feature is the same.all files go in content\speedcam

except KML file that goes into content \ userdata \ poi

Member + iGO8 Speed Camera Map File TypesiGO8 Speed Camera Map File Types

Quote Originally Posted by k1w1_123 View Post
    To update the speedcams in your GPS, delete the files speedcam.spdb and SpeedcamUpdates.spud and copy the new *.txt or *.spc file to the */content/speedcam directory and restart iGO. The file will automatically update the database and iGO will generate new speedcam.spdb and SpeedcamUpdates.spud files in the speedcam directory.
    Where would I get free updates of speedcams for North America?

Important User iGO8 Speed Camera Map File Types
    iGO8 Speed Camera Map File TypesiGO8 Speed Camera Map File TypesiGO8 Speed Camera Map File TypesiGO8 Speed Camera Map File TypesiGO8 Speed Camera Map File TypesiGO8 Speed Camera Map File TypesiGO8 Speed Camera Map File Types

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600