Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Android Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links

All the Info collected in this thread and in other forums (Garniak,4pda,Gpsreview) added below, I will add new versions etc. when available.

Garmin Viago 1.2.1 (4007): (Original) in post n 167
    Garmin Viago for Android version 1697 in
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], original and patched
    Version 1697:
    - Improvement for parsing of contact addresses (navigate this phone contacts from address book)
    - Fix for an issue in Traffic Live
    - Fix for several application chrashes reported through Google Play
    Code:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alviora View Post
    Data\data\com.garmin.android.apps.viago\
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Interesting info about this app:

If you dont or if you cant buy this app, you can use the cr@cked app (post n 91) with Lucky Patcher. (Lucky Patcher in post n 66)

Root is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavenio View Post

Attached a screenshot of the program folders.

mju1zl
    Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    viago directories:
    RjLtGqj

The app will show regularly bought City Navigators (
    All mapping comes with lifetime updates, including the streaming mapping. Garmin releases at least one update per year, if not the 4 yearly updates available to our PND devices.)

You can add free OSM maps adding a needed file .gar to have off line seach enabled.
    Create a text file with name country_codes_generated.gar and save it in Garmin directory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snecer View Post
    country_codes_generated.gar for OSM map, full Europe
    {"gmapsupp.img":"LV,LU,LT,HR,RO,HU,ME,VA,MK,DE,MC,MD,DK,IE,AT,IM,IS,IT,BA,MQ,MT,PT,UA,AD,ES,NL,AL,JE,EE,BY,GF,GB,TR,NO,FR,BG,BE,FI,BL,CZ,SE,SI,SK,SM,PL,RS,CH,GR,GP,LI,GI,GG"}
    screenshot2016
    Here is the full list
    Just select the country and you'll see the country code on the left at selected country...
    Here is the full list
    h tt p://garmin.openstreetmap. nl/

Viago doesnt show non-routable maps.
    Unlocked CNs don't work.
    The app cant show actually illegal NT maps, Garmin topo maps, Bluecharts.
    If you bought a map but you want to use a smaller map (your region only) you can build it with Mapinstall and use your bought map .gma and .unl with your smaller map in Viago.

Additional features are available after you buy them.
    Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    In addition to the maps,
    [Maps to Go" includes: PhotoReal JCV ,TimeZoneMap ,BaseMap (gmapbmap.img) ,InstaSearch SID, Lane assist and Speed Limits]

there are seven other in-app purchases you can make to build your own Víago experience. Here are the standouts:

Traffic Live ($19.99 but $9.99 until July 13): Traffic alerts that combine historic data with realtime information from fellow drivers. It will show traffic in the navigation view, and automatically route you around gridlock.
    Safety Kit ($9.99) – Active lane guidance, telling you where to be when you’re getting on and off the highway; speed limit alerts; school zone warnings; routing that enables the shortest or fastest options.
    Real Directions ($9.99) – Perhaps the most interesting feature, a turn-by-turn instruction set that tells you to turn right “at the light” or “when you pass the Starbucks.” It uses landmarks, lights and other information collected at the busiest intersections. It requires on-board maps in order to work.
    The other add-ons, all $9.99 each, will provide features such as public transit routing, 3-D maps, spoken street names and the locations of speed cameras.
    Spoiler: source
    http://blogs.wsj.com/personal-technology/2014/06/17/garmins-viago-gps-app-has-powerful-features-especially-if-you-pay-extra/
    The app doest allow to simulate a route.

Trip Planner feature is available only for car navigation, Pedestrian mode is available only by pointing to and navigate to it (without intermediate points)

To change the language the option is in "Sound", you need to choose the voice interface and set in the language of the voice.

You can mod map theme and change the vehicle....
    Download from: h tt p://w w w8.garmin.com/vehicles/bundles/allvehicles.html unpacks, change the file name to rr_arrow.srf and replace in the folder \ Storage Card \ Android \ data \ com. garmin.android.apps.viago \ files \ Garmin \ Vehicle \
    Quote Originally Posted by angelozip View Post
    I only had time yesterday of installing the Viago (Alviora apk, post 91) on my Nexus 7 with Android 4.4.4, not rooted, and everything went perfectly.
    Sharing my observations, I noticed that:
    - the map can have any name and not necessarily gmapsupp.img in Garmin folder.

- it is possible to have multiple maps enabled at the same time, despite some they conflict among some, probably due to intrinsic features such as transparency, FID, etc. .. and even someone explain why, in practice only trying to see the result.
    - One of these routable maps mentioned, standing in Garmin folder will have priority in running under the version of City Navigator on line, for at least the maps tested.
    - When the City Navigator on line is active, all other maps from Garmin will not appear on the screen, ie, it overlaps the other, even when offline while still in the cache. The solution is to enable a off line local map of third parties, only changing the name to xxxxx.img with a file manager and reboot Viago.
    - There are strange interactions between maps, eg, Bluechart G2 (HXSA001R - v2011.5) only works when the TrackSource (cgpsmaper map) is installed, does not work alone, or with the base map, or with other that I tested, but in this interaction TrackSource is superimposed (not displayed on screen).
    - despite the map theme Viago be much simpler and much smaller, it is possible to install themes from gps version, just only change the name of this file to Viago.kmtf and puts it in the Themes folder. For my preference the original colors of Viago theme also difficult to visualize the traffic indications on the map, so I installed the traffic version that is available here in the forum for anyone interested. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Quote Originally Posted by mhape View Post
    this is what i do to skip "Your contry not supported" screen,
    (my device is rooted).
    1.instal viago.
    2.instal "fake gps" apps from playstore.
    3. disable network/wifi location, also disable GPS.
    4. run fake gps, set to US, or europe.
    5. run Viago, confirm some dialog from viago, wait until "ready to navigate" appears.

6. then you can close viago, and instal any IMG map.
    dont wory, after you sucess with skip the "country not suported" page, it wont ask you anymore, so now we can remove fake gps apps, and use our "real" GPS.

so basicaly we only use "fake gps" apps to virtualy detect our location as suported region (US/europe) only on initial page when running Viago for first time.

i hope this help. tested on my chinese ICS device, with indonesian map (.img).

note: sometimes, when u conected to internet, viago refuses to start/run. (license problem). just disable internet and it will run again.

problem: i still cannot make route to works, so i guess route didnt work on unsuported country.?
    Quote Originally Posted by tp2168 View Post
    Garmin viago
    Frequently Asked Questions

Code:
    Last edited by catymag; 2nd July 2014 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Info collected in thread and in other forums added

2.    Advertissements

Just purchased this and the offline maps for my android device using Kit Kat. I hope this will finally allows us to be able to have something similar to Streetpilot on an android using an OS greater than 4.2.1

I also see that Asian maps aren't available. Does anyone know if I can take my Thailand maps (formally ESRI) and incorporate them into this app?

Navigation software expert Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)
    Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)

You can download it on google play, but map work only when you online, if you try to use it offline you must buy maps.

I hope someone unlock all feature soon

Code:
    If you wish, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)

@spinman

Can you look what name have your purchased map and where is stored on your device?

Important User Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)
    Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)

Quote Originally Posted by spinman View Post
    Just purchased this and the offline maps for my android device using Kit Kat. I hope this will finally allows us to be able to have something similar to Streetpilot on an android using an OS greater than 4.2.1

I also see that Asian maps aren't available. Does anyone know if I can take my Thailand maps (formally ESRI) and incorporate them into this app?

What is map format? .img or other ?

Edit: loly was faster
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

The map stored itself automatically to my extSDcard.
    it's under
    data/com/garmin.android.apps.viago

The map itself is an .img file

it's named
    02338160a.img
    It's the complete north american map.
    it's 2.15 gb in size

There's also a jvc folder, as well as a gmapbmap.img
    it's only48.64mb

I hope this helps.
    I'm on my way to take my mom to the hospital for surgery. I'll take my laptop with me. If you have any more questions, I'll try to answer them when I can.

It automatically choose the extsdcard too. I didn't choose it. It's the real Sd card, not the fake android created one.
    Using a galaxy note 3 international
    android 4.4.2

Important User Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)
    Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)Garmin Viago up to v. 1.2.1 (4007)

Quote Originally Posted by spinman View Post
    The map itself is an .img file

There's also a jvc folder, as well as a gmapbmap.img

I hope this helps.
    I'm on my way to take my mom to the hospital for surgery. I'll take my laptop with me. If you have any more questions, I'll try to answer them when I can.
    Thank you so much for the info, it helped
    Best wishes for your mom
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

@spinman

Best wishes for your mom from me too.

Can anybody create backup of apk and share it?
    For backup of apk, you can use astro file manager or super backup.....

Basemap from oregon 600 is working as gmapbmap.img

screenshot2014 06 17 19
    screenshot2014 06 17 19