Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Nuvi55/56/65/66/25x9/26x9,zûmo590,GPSMAP64,Edge1000 cant authenticate map error

nuvi 55 can't unlock map!

downloaded UK/ROI unlocked image. installed to SD Card under /Map ran gimgunlock . however unit still say cant unlock maps. Help I am traveling to UK shortly and need this....

thanks
    As of V4.40 fw 55/56/65/66 can again use unlocked maps [prob. not NTU]: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Use only [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to unlock, original gimgunlock won't work to fully unlock maps with some modern units/some firmwares.

SOLUTION FOR PROTECTED FIRMWARE
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Please carefully read the above linked threads and posts before posting any queries or for assistance in here. Reports on success or otherwise with specific units and maps is welcomed and appreciated.
    Last edited by catymag; 3rd December 2015 at 01:40 PM.

2.    Advertissements

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

Sorry but there is new protection in recently released units such as your nuvi 55 to prevent unofficial/unlocked Garmin maps being used. No solution for it at present.

Your immediate solution right would be to buy the official Garmin map, or load free 3rd party maps for UK & ROI such as OSM.
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    EDIT: As of 2/12/15 there's a better solution: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

thank you . I loaded the maps on an old nuvi 200 and they worked perfectly. Will use OSM....

Member +

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Sorry but there is new protection in recently released units such as your nuvi 55 to prevent unofficial/unlocked Garmin maps being used. No solution for it at present.

Is there a list of units that are like this? or is it as simple as, say, all the units released in 2014? The rubber buttons are wearing out on my handheld and i'm thinking about getting another but i don't want one that has the new lock system on it.

Important User

NUVIs: 55,56,65,66 + Gpsmap 64.
    But.. have faith
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Navigation software Moderator kunix's Avatar

And also nuvis 25x9/26x9.
    Last edited by kunix; 14th June 2014 at 07:58 PM.

Navigation software expert

Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    NUVIs: 55,56,65,66 + Gpsmap 64.
    Quote Originally Posted by kunix View Post
    And also nuvis 25x9/26x9.
    It's possible that the Edge 1000 and newest Zumo models there are in this list too. See posts:
    and

Important User

yes I forgot.... and newer
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Sorry but there is new protection in recently released units such as your nuvi 55 to prevent unofficial/unlocked Garmin maps being used. No solution for it at present....
    Do you work how to unlock new models??

Master

I can't understand why would you need to unlock a mapping for those series? Edge 1000 is coming with lifetime OSM mapping, nuvi x5/x6, 2xx9 series come with lifetime EU or US maps, zumos too, GPSMAP 64 with 1 year Birds Eye subscription. And you can always use OSM for every part of the world, which nowadays does not give a chance to third party developers. Honestly I can't understand. Seems pointless to me.