Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garmin 60csx

Navigation software expert Garmin 60csx
    Garmin 60csxGarmin 60csxGarmin 60csx

Default Garmin 60csx

How to enter on this device in pre boot?
    Device have white screen and Pc don't recognize internal and SD.

White screen is after user flash repair FW 4.00 with cure tool.

p.s.
    Find pre boot combinatiom: push and hold power button + directional button up

I will report if this will work
    Last edited by lolypop000; 18th May 2014 at 10:26 AM.
    If you wish, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2.    Advertissements

Important User Garmin 60csx
    Garmin 60csxGarmin 60csxGarmin 60csxGarmin 60csxGarmin 60csxGarmin 60csxGarmin 60csx

GPSMAP 60CSx is always in preboot-like mode, there is option in 60csx menu to go to USB mode, otherwise it is always visible for updater (and Mapsurce too)

9.Connect your GPS to your computer using a GARMIN PC Interface cable to an open USB port. Turn the GPS on.
    10.If your computer asks for a driver, please see the software and installation instructions that came with your device, or download and install the USB driver from Garmin's website.
    11.Open the C:\Garmin folder (or other folder where you un-zipped the files), locate the file named 'Updater' and double click on it.
    12.You should see the name of your GPS device next to the 'USB Device' option on the Updater program window. Select the 'USB Device' option, then click on 'OK' on the Updater program window to start the data transfer.
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

You can't access the internal memory of a GPSMAP 60CSx from the computer like modern GPS devices...

Garmin 60csxGarmin 60csxGarmin 60csxGarmin 60csxGarmin 60csxGarmin 60csxGarmin 60csx

MENU>Setup>Interface>USB Mass Storage - the unit will appear as a drive on my computer.
    l9ebnsm

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Vip Master Garmin 60csx
    Garmin 60csxGarmin 60csx

MENU>Setup>Interface>USB Mass Storage - the unit will appear as a drive on my computer.

Will only display what is in the SD-card.
    Any "internal" memory is hidden, and what comes with firmware updates is not visible. On the other hand, I have never had to see it
    Unless there is somthing really good in firmware updates i try to live after "If it ain't broke don't fix it"

Navigation software Moderator kunix's Avatar

There is no internal flash drive inside GPSmap 60* devices, because they are too old and they actually use very few files.

Quote Originally Posted by kunix View Post
    There is no internal flash drive inside GPSmap 60* devices, because they are too old and they actually use very few files.
    Not sure what you mean with "no internal flash drive" - on my old 60csx the mSD-card shows ups under windows as a drive once I've 'activated' the 60csx like catymag described in post #4

Navigation software Moderator kunix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hirulog2 View Post
    Not sure what you mean with "no internal flash drive" - on my old 60csx the mSD-card shows ups under windows as a drive once I've 'activated' the 60csx like catymag described in post #4
    Under internal flash drive I understand the filesystem stored in one of the internal flash chips. SD card is not an internal flash chip, it can be easily replaced and most of Garmin devices can work without it. On the opposite side, the internal flash drive can't be replaced and Garmin devices (those, which have it) can't work without it (for example, when it's corrupted).
    Last edited by kunix; 5th June 2014 at 11:04 AM.

-> kunix,

I go along with your definition(s) and agree with your conclusions. Although the old architecture like the 60csx has clearly its limitations, it does have the advantage that you cannot damage by accident the system's firmware (as it can't be accessed). The newer architecture (e.g. on the Oregon 650) allows Windows to mount the internal flash memory as a separate disk - on which all the system software, apps, drivers, and settings is cluttered with user data, maps and the like. I'm always scared that I make a mistake and turn the 650 into a dead duck. As far as I'm concerned, Garmin might have made the newer systems less vulnerable by putting the system software at least in some "hidden" or otherwise clearly distinct 'system' folder.
    Last edited by hirulog2; 5th June 2014 at 02:16 PM.

By the way, factory-installed basemaps and marine POI basemaps are in internal memory and can be changed.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    l9ebnsm