Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PanzerIV

I read the whole thread and the strange one about transforming a 37xx gps yet I still don't get it how to Unlock Ecoroute on my Nuvi 2555LMT without having to waste 10$ to these cheap bastards who didn't include it for some reasons even though my 2yr older 1240 had it already for free.

2.    Advertissements

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Garmin ecoRoute  -Save Gas and Money
    Garmin ecoRoute  -Save Gas and MoneyGarmin ecoRoute  -Save Gas and MoneyGarmin ecoRoute  -Save Gas and MoneyGarmin ecoRoute  -Save Gas and MoneyGarmin ecoRoute  -Save Gas and MoneyGarmin ecoRoute  -Save Gas and MoneyGarmin ecoRoute  -Save Gas and Money

@PanzerIV
    Welcome to Noeman.

Seeing that's your first post i'll be nice, but you were looking to mod a 2xx5 series so you shouldn't be looking in one about transforming a 37xx [that's why it seemed 'strange' to you i suppose]. Have a look here instead: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

PanzerIV

?

Is the (Fuel Economy) route is actualy useful and working just as it should or it's only a gimmick that doesn't really make a difference? The (Shortest time) usualy always bring you to highways and highways unless you're in the traffic, are already more fuel efficient than being in the city so where the difference will be between both modes? O_o

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Garmin ecoRoute  -Save Gas and Money
    Garmin ecoRoute  -Save Gas and MoneyGarmin ecoRoute  -Save Gas and MoneyGarmin ecoRoute  -Save Gas and MoneyGarmin ecoRoute  -Save Gas and MoneyGarmin ecoRoute  -Save Gas and MoneyGarmin ecoRoute  -Save Gas and MoneyGarmin ecoRoute  -Save Gas and Money

No, there is a difference between routes calculated by 'Shortest Time' and 'Less Fuel' when you have you vehicle profile set up properly in EcoRoute, particularly once it has some historical data to rely on from your previous driving. It's a bit presumptive though, if you want to go more high tech, get the EcoRoute HD device for your car [if it's compatible] and enable that for your nuvi.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Hello, I'm new to this site and I'm also trying to get my EcoRoute to work without having to purchase the Ecoroute HD Accessory unit like Cat2115. But I'm totally lost and confused on what to follow on the "Transform a 37xxx to 34xx" link as I already have a 3490LMT US version. Can someone help me on how to unlock/use my EcoRoute app without having to buy the EcoRoute HD unit? This really sucks that Garmin tries to make you buy the HD Accessory in order to use it, plain dumb! Thanks for any help that I can get.

GPSPower Helper Garmin ecoRoute  -Save Gas and Money
    Garmin ecoRoute  -Save Gas and Money

Quote Originally Posted by 3490lmt View Post
    Hello, I'm new to this site and I'm also trying to get my EcoRoute to work without having to purchase the Ecoroute HD Accessory unit like Cat2115. But I'm totally lost and confused on what to follow on the "Transform a 37xxx to 34xx" link as I already have a 3490LMT US version. Can someone help me on how to unlock/use my EcoRoute app without having to buy the EcoRoute HD unit? This really sucks that Garmin tries to make you buy the HD Accessory in order to use it, plain dumb! Thanks for any help that I can get.
    Just Press Apps, ecoRoute
    Then setup vehicle profile as prompted.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by dasilvarsa View Post
    Just Press Apps, ecoRoute
    Then setup vehicle profile as prompted.
    Thanks for the reply but I already did that part and I still can't acccess the EcoRoute app. So what happens was that I was able to set up the profile which includes the input of "car type, gas type, city mpg, highway mpg, and gas price" and then it prompt me to plug in the EcoRoute HD Accessory unit in order to access the EcoRoute Menu. It won't let me go any further than that, so, everytime I tried to open the app, it just says "plug in the EcoRoute HD Accessory" to use it, the only option I have when that pops up is, "try again or cancel" However, I do notice and see that the "Gas Price" show up on my "Speed Trip Log" and that's about it. Any help on how to bypass the HD Accessory unit?

GPSPower Helper Garmin ecoRoute  -Save Gas and Money

Can you post here
    .System/Diag/html/supported_features.html

I think that you have enabled eco-route features not needed.

Here is mine

<html><br><b>Supported Features</b><br><br>Part Number: 006-D2617-00<br>Rev: 0A<br><br>
    3D Buildings<br>
    3D Terrain<br>
    TTS Phonetics<br>
    Junction View<br>
    Lane Assist<br>
    Speed Limits<br>
    Traffic EULA<br>
    Photo Nav<br>
    ASR<br>
    Historic Traffic<br>
    Custom Avoidances<br>
    Advanced Detours<br>
    Premium Point Addressing<br>
    2D Footprints<br>
    Custom Main Menu<br>
    3D Buildings Supplementary<br>
    Bluetooth<br>
    MP3<br>
    Video Playback<br></html>
    Last edited by dasilvarsa; 16th May 2014 at 06:01 PM.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by dasilvarsa View Post
    Can you post here
    .System/Diag/html/supported_features.html

I think that you have enabled eco-route features not needed.

Here is mine

<html><br><b>Supported Features</b><br><br>Part Number: 006-D2617-00<br>Rev: 0A<br><br>
    3D Buildings<br>
    3D Terrain<br>
    TTS Phonetics<br>
    Junction View<br>
    Lane Assist<br>
    Speed Limits<br>
    Traffic EULA<br>
    Photo Nav<br>
    ASR<br>
    Historic Traffic<br>
    Custom Avoidances<br>
    Advanced Detours<br>
    Premium Point Addressing<br>
    2D Footprints<br>
    Custom Main Menu<br>
    3D Buildings Supplementary<br>
    Bluetooth<br>
    MP3<br>
    Video Playback<br></html>
    Sorry, but I'm a little slow on this, where do you get that file on the device? I looked everywhere and I can't seem to find it. I already made sure the Windows Explorer shows "hidden files and folders" and "operating system files," what else am I'm missing? See my folder screenshot in a word document.

What do you mean I have enabled EcoRoute? All I did was click on the app and set up profile, unless, I must have click on something that I wasn't suppose to?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button to see Attachments.
    Last edited by 3490lmt; 16th May 2014 at 06:44 PM.

Important User Garmin ecoRoute  -Save Gas and Money

@ 3490lmt

For view the features look/try this [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]