Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default nuvi 550 stuck in Loading Loader. HELP!!

Hi,

My Nuvi550 got stuck in the Loading Loader :-(
    What now.
    Does someone has an "how to" to get it working again??
    If possible in English I understand or un Dutch?

2.    Advertissements

Navigation software Moderator kunix's Avatar

f800gs, in your private message you told me that you tried to flash zumo 220 firmware. Please describe exactly your actions.

Okay, here the complete steps I took.

I wave flashed the Nuvi550 to zumo220. It worked fine!!
    Next step I took was that I wanted to update the maps. Thats where it went wrong.....
    Garmin Express was still running on the computer and before I knew what was happening was that Express was updating te firmware...
    That was the moment the Nuvi / Zumo got stuck in "Loading Loader"

Yes......I am an idiot. Because I did not looked very well.

So....who can help me??
    Is there really no one who can help me?
    Is er echt niemand die me kan helpen?
    Last edited by Neil; 26th February 2014 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Merged 2 consecutive posts.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. nuvi 550 stuck in Loading Loader. HELP!!
    nuvi 550 stuck in Loading Loader. HELP!!nuvi 550 stuck in Loading Loader. HELP!!nuvi 550 stuck in Loading Loader. HELP!!nuvi 550 stuck in Loading Loader. HELP!!nuvi 550 stuck in Loading Loader. HELP!!nuvi 550 stuck in Loading Loader. HELP!!nuvi 550 stuck in Loading Loader. HELP!!

Have you tried kunix's Cure? [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Also, read this and report any missing info: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Possibly once you load cure fw and get it into Mass Storage Mode you can just delete the file GUPDATE.GCD.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Well....It did not worked for me, bu my son (14 years old) did know how to!!

Just one problem keep poping up:
    After he put on the factory Nuvi550 software it workes just great like an Nuvi550

When he (or I) want to flash the zumo220 software it still got bricked into Loading Loader?!?!
    We tried it now for 5 times, Always the same result :-(

What now??
    Last edited by f800gs; 2nd March 2014 at 02:03 PM.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. nuvi 550 stuck in Loading Loader. HELP!!
    nuvi 550 stuck in Loading Loader. HELP!!nuvi 550 stuck in Loading Loader. HELP!!nuvi 550 stuck in Loading Loader. HELP!!nuvi 550 stuck in Loading Loader. HELP!!nuvi 550 stuck in Loading Loader. HELP!!nuvi 550 stuck in Loading Loader. HELP!!nuvi 550 stuck in Loading Loader. HELP!!

How did you convert it? There are 2 ways of doing that. Did you flash hybrid firmware [5x0 boot.bin combined with 2x0 fw_all.bin] or full original 2x0? The first retains 5x0 HWID of 0723 and is much safer and easier to 'unbrick' a unit, but if the 5x0 boot has trouble loading the zumo fw then it will stick at loading.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].