Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master

After flash the firmware from PC, during boot make sure no 2nd flashing from the gcd file in the unit.

If so need to use cure3 to get into USB mode to cleanup the file.

2.    Advertissements

I repeated the GarminCure3 procedure, only this time, I selected CURE instead of ORIGINAL and flashed the software. Making progress here, because now the unit does get one step beyond the Garmin splash screen: it now shows an image of a white house with a double window, metal fence in front and some red flowers on the side:

gvqa

Probably a result of having flashed the cure firmware. Also, when now connecting the unit to the PC, an empty Windows Explorer window pops up of the nüvi. No files or folders shown at all (yet, show hidden files and folders as well as show operating system files is selected).

1t9w

The nüvi is formatted FAT32. Properties are as follows

WebUpdater is not recognizing the nüvi yet. Now reading the tutorials section for next steps.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

Format it with RMPrepUSB: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], flash original fw and then run WebUpdater and you're all done.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Navigation software expert

If you have SD card in nuvi, remove it before you flash with cure.
    Format your nuvi like Neil wrote above and then create on nuvi empty folder with name Garmin.
    Flash with cure tool Original FW and then webupdater will see your nuvi
    Last edited by lolypop000; 19th January 2014 at 01:09 PM.
    If you wish, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

While you guys were posting here, I followed the same path after reading up some instructions from the Tutorials Index. To recap, here's what I did:

1. Flashed CURE firmware into the unit, using GarminCure3 and Updater.exe.
    2. Formatted the unit using RMPrepUSB.
    3. Flashed ORIGINAL firmware into the unit, using GarminCure3 and Updater.exe.
    4. Loaded missing operating software into the unit, using WebUpdater.
    5. Reset unit to Factory Default by holding the lower right corner while booting.
    6. Loaded detailed navigation map into the unit.

Unit working as new!

This forum has once again proven its absolute value. It not only has a wealth of information for those who are prepared do do some research themselves, but it also has many great and helpful members who are prepared to guide less experienced members into the right direction. Many thanks to all who have helped me and by doing so, also have helped my friend get a working GPS again! Too bad I can like posts only once. In this thread I would have wanted to click "like" at some posts many times... I'm very grateful for all the help received!

Important User

Thanks for your feedback and nice words, our helping users will be pleased
    For help first refer to
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    and SOLVED
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600