Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Navigation software expert Kenwood DNX9990HD: Loading 2014.30 Maps on Internal Memory - It Works!
    Kenwood DNX9990HD: Loading 2014.30 Maps on Internal Memory - It Works!Kenwood DNX9990HD: Loading 2014.30 Maps on Internal Memory - It Works!Kenwood DNX9990HD: Loading 2014.30 Maps on Internal Memory - It Works!

Go to this page:

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Select your device: DNX9990HD

Then you will see this:

1.) Insert USB drive into your navigation unit.

2 On the navigation interface, touch: Settings > System > About > Update Map (This will initiate data export from the navigation unit onto your USB drive)

3 When the export is complete, remove your USB drive

4 Insert the USB drive into your computer and click the Read Media button below

So go to car and folow instruction abowe

After this connect your USB to Pc and click button Read Media and you will see available update for your device.

When you download it to your usb, go to car and click on update map and you will update your device.
    I hope that here will be also new vehicle and voice.
    If you wish, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2.    Advertissements

Quote Originally Posted by Giomen View Post
    I think in garmindevice.xml file in device must be description of it.

EuroDriver please check garmindevice.xml for this string if you have a copy...
    If I'm reading the .XML file correctly, the Pnx file is for preprogrammed phone number lookup:
    </File></DataType><DataType><Name>PreProgrammedPhoneNumberLookup</Name><File><Specification><Identifier>PNX</Identifier></Specification><Location><Path>Garmin/Pnx/</Path><FileExtension>pnx</FileExtension></Location><TransferDirection>InputOutput</TransferDirection></File></DataType><UpdateFile><PartNumber>006-F0057-

Navigation software expert Kenwood DNX9990HD: Loading 2014.30 Maps on Internal Memory - It Works!
    Kenwood DNX9990HD: Loading 2014.30 Maps on Internal Memory - It Works!Kenwood DNX9990HD: Loading 2014.30 Maps on Internal Memory - It Works!Kenwood DNX9990HD: Loading 2014.30 Maps on Internal Memory - It Works!

You read it correct

Quote Originally Posted by lolypop000 View Post
    You read it correct
    Maybe I'm not so stupid after all, lol! I just sent you a copy of the entire xml file - check you email...

I look and instasearch is not supported also no voice path in xml.

On old kenwood if i remember correct voice file was outside Garmin folder and updated with Unit FW.
    I change it when i connect unit with Pc and explore internal disk.

I look manual but can't find mini usb hole in back side of unit.

There's no mini usb on these units - there's a tutorial out there which shows how to disassemble the unit and access the internal memory card but that's way beyond the limits of my curiosity! Only access on these units is the regular USB cable in the rear.

The disk may also be accessed by going into developer options (start nav, tap on speed icon, long press on large speedometer icon (about 6-8 seconds). It will give access to hidden menu. Scroll to bottom, lets you access memory (Drive 0, USB mass storage, CD, etc). I went in there, but everything is blank and only option is paste...

Found out that this unit have rear usb port and you must connect your laptop ass external HD

Look here:

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links

Armed with my new-found understanding of reading the XML file - it looks like having the 3D map image is also useless? Adding the G2S files might be worth the while too?

Quote Originally Posted by EuroDriver View Post
    <DataType><Name>PreProgrammedPhoneNumberLookup</Name><File><Specification><Identifier>PNX</Identifier></Specification><Location><Path>Garmin/Pnx/</Path><FileExtension>pnx</FileExtension></Location><TransferDirection>InputOutput</TransferDirection></File></DataType>
    Thanks! Will try for downloading in new CN Europe 2014.40...
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Quote Originally Posted by lolypop000 View Post
    Found out that this unit have rear usb port and you must connect your laptop ass external HD

Look here:

***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***
    In that thread, they're talking about the 9980, not the 9990. The 9980 still had the mini USB port in the back of the unit - the 9990 does not. I haven't tried connecting through the regular USB cable, but the whole point of my thread is that it's unnecessary. I managed to load the new maps with a USB stick. However, I'm still not quite clear exactly which files are indispensable and which are unnecessary.