Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    AlexWhiter

wanglody,
    I'm afraid I cannot reproduce what you have observed
    The maps with Map Series 36 disable vector data, in both NT and OF formats.
    And the maps with Map Series 24 allow for showing roads etc., and this also does not depend on the map format.

Could you please upload your DEM maps (both NT and OF) to some file hosting, and send me the links?

2.    Advertissements

AlexWhiter

wanglody,
    I've experimented with your maps, and here's a little summary:

1. NT maps with DEM, map series 24 really disable the area features of other maps.
    2. OF maps with DEM, map series 24 interact with other maps correctly.
    3. Both OF and NT maps with raster, MS24 work correctly with other maps.
    4. Both OF and NT maps with raster, MS36 disable other maps' area features (independently of the map priorities).
    All the results for MS24 can possible be affected by the map priority. I have only tested MS24 maps with the priority set to 24 (MPC's default value).

5. The levels of MS36 maps are strictly bound to specific zooms in GPS.
    6. The levels to zooms binding for MS24 maps depends on the level of details in the map display settings.

The most confusing is the difference between OF and NT maps with DEM. This is the only case I'm aware of, when the map type changes the way the maps are combined.

Navigation software expert Converting JNX to raster IMG
    Converting JNX to raster IMGConverting JNX to raster IMGConverting JNX to raster IMG

Quote Originally Posted by AlexWhiter View Post
    5. The levels of MS36 maps are strictly bound to specific zooms in GPS.
    For marine devices the levels of MS36 maps are not strictly bound to specific zooms in GPS. Tested on GPSMAP 620 and if detalization is changed so raster and vector maps would be viewed on different zoom. It is very fine because we may choose which map raster or vector will be viewed for the same zoom by simple changing detalization in menu!!! In marine mode there is not possibility to control mapsets.

For level compatibility with vector map I did small test:
    JNX scale value - Levels in IMG (81-0)
    17 - 23-24
    297 - 23-24
    399 - 23-24
    596 - 23-24
    1193 - 22-23
    1799 - 21-22
    2387 - 21-22
    4776 - 20-21
    5999 - 20-21
    9553 - 19-20
    19108 - 18-19
    24999 - 18-19
    38217 - 17-18
    76436 - 16-17

It is corresponding with z scale parameter from Alex. But as I assume script and MPC do not allow get 25 and 26 bit levels for z equal 20 and 21. In this way I make vektor limited with 22 level and raster with 23 level. It gives me possibility to play with detalization in menu that allows to the widest range of selection between raster and vector source on marine devices! Alex, thanks again!
    Last edited by Giomen; 23rd November 2013 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Add rest result
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Converting JNX to raster IMGConverting JNX to raster IMGConverting JNX to raster IMG

I test this application on Nuvi 500. In marine mode it is not worked with MS36. But work particular in other modes. The limit is that the raster map is appearance only for level to strongly assigned by MPC. On other levels (zooms) I can see vector map for this area...
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Converting JNX to raster IMG

Quote Originally Posted by Giomen View Post
    I test this application on Nuvi 500... The limit is that the raster map is appearance only for level to strongly assigned by MPC.
    Can you describe this in more detail and with screenshots, if possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Cnfhbr View Post
    Can you describe this in more detail and with screenshots, if possible?
    OK! I will test this Garmin creature on weekend...

Member +

AlexWhiter
    I am testing your nice utilities and I am getting good results.
    May I ask you include a parameter to allow users to get either NT img map or non-NT img map ?
    I would prefer to have possibility of obteining non-NT maps.

Thanks and kind regards

AlexWhiter

Abedul

I've added one more parameter to the converter - "MapFormat", which can be set to the following values:
    OF - for making classic non-NT maps with TRE, RGN, LBL etc subfiles,
    OF_GMP - for making non-NT maps, but within GMP container instead of separate subfiles (this is the default value),
    NT - making true NT maps in GMP container.

The parameter should be specified in quotes like this:
    jnx2img test.jnx test.img "MapFormat=of"

The updated version of the converted is available from the same [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Member +

Thanks a lot
    I have tested and it works well, put on BaseCamp as a Project and loaded on the GPS.
    I tried to open the resulting img map with MapEdit but it was no image at all, no seeing anything only a polygone... (??), I supposed a raster map would be shown...

Kind regards

And creation of locked map for copy protection???