Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Important User Mapear and cGPSMapper Maps issue on Android Garmin Street Pilot 2.16-workaround
    Mapear and cGPSMapper Maps issue on Android Garmin Street Pilot 2.16-workaroundMapear and cGPSMapper Maps issue on Android Garmin Street Pilot 2.16-workaroundMapear and cGPSMapper Maps issue on Android Garmin Street Pilot 2.16-workaroundMapear and cGPSMapper Maps issue on Android Garmin Street Pilot 2.16-workaroundMapear and cGPSMapper Maps issue on Android Garmin Street Pilot 2.16-workaroundMapear and cGPSMapper Maps issue on Android Garmin Street Pilot 2.16-workaroundMapear and cGPSMapper Maps issue on Android Garmin Street Pilot 2.16-workaround

Quote Originally Posted by JHAres View Post

Seems there are misconceptions or bad intentions around here against Mapear.
    You are wrong, I opened this thread just to join all the post about this issue with Mapear and cGPSMapper compiled maps in general.
    Probably we'll see some issues with cGPSMapper maps routing in new Nuvis too, I've heard about it already.

I think other maps from cGPSMapper will have the same issues. Maybe you can try with Tracksource from Brazil or Malsing maps.
    Already wrote in post n. 6

They work for free...!!! And they have the better maps because the members collaborations... Geez...
    Sure and we all appreciate it.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

2.    Advertissements

Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    You are wrong, I opened this thread just to join all the post about this issue with Mapear and cGPSMapper compiled maps in general.
    Probably we'll see some issues with cGPSMapper maps routing in new Nuvis too, I've heard about it already.
    Do you know if cGPSMapper maps are having the same issue on SP for iOS or/and Windows Phone?
    Is somebody having the same issues on Nüvis too?

Are there news about this? I've just found out about SP on Android. Installed it past week and tried Mapear at home. It seemed "muted" but stable. I made a route inside Buenos Aires and left it on connected to the computer (USB) I left the phone there and when I came back it was obviously there, with SP running (so the screen didn't lock, which is the right thing to do if you are navigating).

I went to the car, connected it to the USB to keep the battery running and when I was about to get to the destination I've found out that the app crashed once and again. I finally discovered how to get back in. It's tricky, but also the phone kept locking. So it became useless, each time I unlocked I had to re-start a lot of tricks to get in.

Because it goes out of the application after routing (which did not happened in some cases) You drop down the config menu (where WiFi is) and click on the SP icon "Click to continue". It loads again and goes to the main menu. Click view map, and there you are with your old route.

Still it crashed so many times that I had to restart the phone for it to work again since the blue arrow kept showing even when I killed it.

I'm not ready to exchange "la gallega" for "la muda" the first one is more "gauchita"

I'm posting this as another message not to mess up with the quite extensive previous message.

proyectomapear.com.ar won't discuss anything about SP on Android because of many factors.

1) they make maps, Garmin compatible and they have been trying to get Garmin attention for a long time, but Garmin instead of helping was always developing new firmwares for GPSes that prevented Mapear and others to work correctly on their software. They may have fixed them already but from time to time that issue shows again (call it a regressive bug).

2) they are a free project, (not opensource) and they don't want any trouble so you can't talk piracy related stuff in their forum, which is right. so you can't discuss running mapear on your S3 because it's considered that they are helping you break the law.

3) Authoritism. No they are not like that, but some of the moderators and members that have spent the past 10 years on the forum are quite agressive on their answers because there's always people asking the most stupid things over and over and they grew tired of it. I don't support that, but sometimes they must moderate.

Important User Mapear and cGPSMapper Maps issue on Android Garmin Street Pilot 2.16-workaround
    Mapear and cGPSMapper Maps issue on Android Garmin Street Pilot 2.16-workaroundMapear and cGPSMapper Maps issue on Android Garmin Street Pilot 2.16-workaroundMapear and cGPSMapper Maps issue on Android Garmin Street Pilot 2.16-workaroundMapear and cGPSMapper Maps issue on Android Garmin Street Pilot 2.16-workaroundMapear and cGPSMapper Maps issue on Android Garmin Street Pilot 2.16-workaroundMapear and cGPSMapper Maps issue on Android Garmin Street Pilot 2.16-workaroundMapear and cGPSMapper Maps issue on Android Garmin Street Pilot 2.16-workaround

Quote Originally Posted by Charola View Post
    3) Authoritism. No they are not like that, but some of the moderators and members that have spent the past 10 years on the forum are quite agressive on their answers because there's always people asking the most stupid things over and over and they grew tired of it. I don't support that, but sometimes they must moderate.
    I can understand this and sometimes one can have alas! the same feelings, but Moderators should be "moderate", politeness and patience are mandatory or better to do something else Moderation doesn't mean authoritism, but make the forum readable for users, animate discussions,help and make respect some basic rules needed for a correct forum management.
    l9ebnsm

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

I'm posting this as another message not to mess up with the quite extensive previous message.

proyectomapear.com.ar won't discuss anything about SP on Android because of many factors.

1) they make maps, Garmin compatible and they have been trying to get Garmin attention for a long time, but Garmin instead of helping was always developing new firmwares for GPSes that prevented Mapear and others to work correctly on their software. They may have fixed them already but from time to time that issue shows again (call it a regressive bug).
    Not quite true. First of all Mapear use cGPSMapper which is not officially supported by Garmin, so they are not going to get any attention from them.
    Garmin is free to develop new firmwares to their products and, of course, they don't care if custom maps as Mapear would fit in.

I can assure you that they are very authoritarian people.
    I've seen many posts where people just give legal information and get shut down because they believe it has something to do with illegal stuff, and the most important, very often the moderators make mistakes about a subject and never (I repeat: NEVER) give an apologize.
    If that is not authoritarianism, then I don't now the meaning of it.
    Last edited by Berlin23; 29th July 2013 at 06:12 PM.

Another one with NavLeb map:
    Quote Originally Posted by bilal_sayed1 View Post
    Garmin StreetPilot just after calculating route using this map.
    Note that the program is normal when using the CN Middle East map but I want this detailed map of Lebanon
    But there are news of other CGPSMapper maps crashing in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] posts
    l9ebnsm

Hi There... I try to use a map created with mtkgpsmapper it has the same issue as cgpsmapper is there any chance to use routable osm maps for example if i push it through mapsource?

Any experience would be a great help

As known - CGPSMAPPER and mkgpsmapper causes problems within route calculation.

Does anyone can solve this big problem - i downloaded the raw data now and pushed it through mapsource creating an image due to i have no device to test it - can anybody try this who have the same problem with this maps. On mobileXT everything runs good so far
    Last edited by catymag; 5th October 2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: merged 2 similar posts

Edit to my previous post: we found out that it depends on the android version which are used AND you all should try to use a garmin map together with a alternative map that means lay a garmin map into the map folder and the other map then hook the garmin map off and use the alternative map in walking mode only car mode under android 4..2 crashes!

however this sticks together i don't know but it's working here with german osm maps Some OSM developers reported that there will be new maps start of december...

Guide Workaround

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigofd View Post
    Confirmed that app crash is happening to all argentine users, I suspect the issue is a combination of memory errors AND maps (Proy.Mapear). Using any memory tool, or compiling with MapInstall doesn't improve it at all.
    I can confirm the same bug with VENRUT (just like Mapear but from Venezuela). The APP crash when calculating a route. VENRUT also uses cGPSMapper Maps.

After several days (and nigths) testing, I think i found a workaround. It is NOT flawless but allow to use the APP without problems. Just in case is relevant, I'm using Android 4.1.1 (HTC One X AT&T STOCK -NO ROOT, NO BOOTLOADER UNLOCK, NO S-OFF-).

01. Download and install the APP (choose the one that fits your needs) from:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

02. Download the BaseMap 5.01 and put the file (gmapbmap.img) in your storage card at "/Garmin /.System" The basemap can be found here:

03. Download the TimeZone Map 13.00 and put the file (gmaptz.img) in your storage card at "/Garmin /.System" The TimeZone Map can be found here:

04. Download City Navigator Sout America 2014.20, UNLOCK the IMGs, and put the files (gmapprom.img and gmap3d.img) in your storage card at "/Garmin /.System"
    - City Navigator can be found here:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (Download the FULL SAM. The 3d is not necesary but is so fancy)
    - IMG Unlocker can be found here:

NOTE: Yeah, i know, i know, Mapear at Argentina (like VENRUT at Venezuela) has more detailed maps... Just wait a minute, take a deep breath and relax. You will use Mapear (or VENRUT)... Keep reading...

05. Download your favourite map (Mapear, VENRUT, etc), generate the IMG with MapSource or MapInstall, put the file (gmapsupp.img) in your storage card at "/Garmin /Map" NOTE: The Map folder (inside Garmin folder) does not exist and you have to create it... Just make sure DO NOT put at "/Garmin /Garmin"

That is it... Now, the explanation...

For an unkown reason, Mapear (as VENRUT) fails to calculate route. Also missed categories and some other bugs. I'm sure it is because the cGPSMapper.

When you put the City Navigator as gmapprom.img at /.System and Mapear (or VENRUT) as gmapsupp.img at /Map you create a hierarchy. As you already know, gmapbmap.img (basemap) is the first map the APP check for routing, the it checks the gmapprom.img (City Navigator) and finally it checks gmapsupp.img (Mapear or VENRUT). The APP does not fails routing because City Navigator tells how to do it and Mapear (or VENRUT) just indicates the details of the route.

I already tested. It does not fail. It routes to anywhere, short or large distance... You will have the Categories back, Gas stations, POIs, all the Mapear (or VENRUT) stuffs... You can search, browse, do whatever you want.

But this method has a fail... While you are driving (after calculate a route), you can not see the coloured path that indicates the right road... It is because you are using two maps with the same route at the same time...

You MUST use both, City Navigator and Mapear (or VENRUT), at the same time in order to search, browse categories, calculate a route, etc... When a route is calculated you MUST deselect City Navigator Map in order to see the coloured path that indicates the right road.

You should reselect City Navigator Map every time you need to search, browse and route...

Yeah, is a crappy workaroud but it works for me.

Hope this helps..!

PS: Sorry for my poor english.