Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Kanopus

There is a lot of verification and supervision of OSM mappings, you would see it if you would follow any OSM forum.

What is a real problem in OSM is inconsistency. There are different styles of mapping, different way of mapping similar objects, and very different levels of details, depending on number of active users in a particular region. All this should improve, when number of data increases, like you can already see in some countries, where OSM mapping is very precise.

2.    Advertissements

Master

Yea, I agree, it shouldn't be generalized. Maybe in other countries OSM is better than what is available in BG. I can't comment how it is in other countries.

More over here the best, and the only one mapping providing offroad, is the Garmins' topo mapping. Have you seen a third party Garmin mapping offering offroad routes? A unique one I may say! A motor sport, a racing mapping? A mapping where the routable routes are categorized by the type of vehicle which can pass thru them - 4x4, ATV, motorcycle mountain bike...Check it - OFRM.

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Last edited by ddabcd277; 24th October 2013 at 02:43 PM.