Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member + 3790 additional maps on SD card3790 additional maps on SD card mallard2's Avatar

Hi All,
    Sorry if I have confused anybody,I have listed below what I have installed & where....

On the Nuvi
    system/ASR/English_British.srd , English_Australian.srd , English_American.srd , 0498CYYR.ASR
    system/gmap3d , gmapdem & gmaptz

On the 4gb SD Card (named GARMIN(G)) Garmin/JVC/D3048120A.JCV
    Map/gmapsupp.img 3.17 GB 3,408,527 bytes

My Map info shown on the nuvi ....

CN Europe NTU 2014.20 ALL
    Cneu Dem Europe DEM
    CN Europe NTU 2014.20 3D

At the moment I am getting Voice Control except for find Address , I then receive " this feature is not available for England"

When I simulate a known route ( that shows split junction view with PR on other units) I do not get the split screen with PR .

Dasilvara wrote
    "Recheck your path to the JCV file make sure it is \Garmin\JCV\D3048120A.JCV and not \Garmin\JVC\D3048120A.JCV (common mistake) " ...both these options are the same or am I missing something

oops ,apologies Da salivera just reread...... JCV not JVC ,you were correct , I had it as JVC ,corrected it but still no PR
    Regards
    Last edited by mallard2; 14th October 2013 at 09:30 AM. Reason: oops

2.    Advertissements

Member + 3790 additional maps on SD card3790 additional maps on SD card mallard2's Avatar

Hi,
    just corrected typo on "JVC" to JCV ,tried it & was the same ,NO Photo real , BUT cleared NON-Vol & now Photoreal is back ,

Hope we can sort out "this feature is not available for England "

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. 3790 additional maps on SD card
    3790 additional maps on SD card3790 additional maps on SD card3790 additional maps on SD card3790 additional maps on SD card3790 additional maps on SD card3790 additional maps on SD card3790 additional maps on SD card

Quote Originally Posted by mallard2 View Post
    Hi All,
    Sorry if I have confused anybody,I have listed below what I have installed & where....

On the Nuvi
    system/ASR/English_British.srd , English_Australian.srd , English_American.srd , 0498CYYR.ASR
    You're a tad light on ASR files old Son if you only have one *.asr file in there. These are what you need: 0498CYYO.SRX; 0498CYYP.ASR; 0498CYYQ.ASR; 0498CYYR.ASR; 0498CYYS.ASR; 0498CYYT.ASR; 0498CYYU.ASR; 0498CYYV.ASR and 0498CYYW.ASR, so if you really only have got only the 0498CYYR.ASR in the folder it's a wonder anything works. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in EUU 2014.20 map thread has them all.

The SRD files need to stay on the unit, but the SRX/ASR extension files can go on the card in an ASR folder in Garmin folder if you want. i.e. x:\Garmin\ASR\ ......

On the 4gb SD Card (named GARMIN(G)) Garmin/JVC/D3048120A.JCV
    Map/gmapsupp.img 3.17 GB 3,408,527 bytes
    You could try moving the map still named as gmapsupp.img into the card's Garmin folder, but that shouldn't change anything really as it's being recognised. I haven't been able to confirm the size of the full EUU. Did you make it yourself with MapInstall or did you dl it as an image? Perhaps it's missing a tile, that's all it needs to mess up ASR. Only the FULL Europe map is fully compatible with ASR. If all the ASR files are in the folder that's another possibility.
    My Map info shown on the nuvi ....

CN Europe NTU 2014.20 ALL
    Cneu Dem Europe DEM
    CN Europe NTU 2014.20 3D

At the moment I am getting Voice Control except for find Address , I then receive " this feature is not available for England"

When I simulate a known route ( that shows split junction view with PR on other units) I do not get the split screen with PR .

Dasilvara wrote
    "Recheck your path to the JCV file make sure it is \Garmin\JCV\D3048120A.JCV and not \Garmin\JVC\D3048120A.JCV (common mistake) " ...both these options are the same or am I missing something ?.....
    Hi,
    just corrected typo on "JVC" to JCV ,tried it & was the same ,NO Photo real , BUT cleared NON-Vol & now Photoreal is back , ...........
    Sometimes ppl name the folder or file as JVC because of the well-known consumer electronics company 'Japan Victor Company/JVC'.

Hard reset/clear NV is 'immediate action'/First Aid for ANY weird behaviour. I suggested it in Post #5.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Hi,
    yes , I re-read your post #5 , that will be my first port of call in the future !!

Re the img I am using , I copied it from a lifetime update on my other 3790lm , unlocked it with Fast image unlocker and copied it over , works OK on my other units

Going to sort out the ASR files as per your suggestion .......will let you know ...........

Regards

Hi Neil,
    the problem is that I thought I needed a 4 GB SD Card ,but the ASR files needed to enable all voice command functions = 848 Mb ,the Full euro map = 3.17 GB & JCV =370 Mb.......all in all 4 GB is not large enough.

I only have 350 mb available on the nuvi ,so no matter what I can move from sd to nuvi & vice versa ,I wont have enough room .

Guess the simple answer is I need a larger SD card

GPSPower Helper 3790 additional maps on SD card

I only have 350 mb available on the nuvi ,so no matter what I can move from sd to nuvi & vice versa ,I wont have enough room .

Guess the simple answer is I need a larger SD card
    Yes, buy 8 Gb SDcard.
    Do the following and you 'll get more than 1 Gb free on the nuvi.
    - Move the gmap3d.img file from nuvi to SDcard, in Map folder
    - First copy from nuvi to your PC (as backup) the Text, Voice and Keyboards folders and then on Nuvi delete from those folders any text, voice and keyboards files that you don't really need

On the Nuvi
    system/gmap3d , gmapdem & gmaptz
    Move 0498CYYR.ASR file to SDcard in \Garmin\ASR\ folder.
    On SDcard in \Garmin\ASR\ folder you need to have all .ASR files and the .SRX file (those are map's version dependent every time).
    On Nuvi in \.System\ASR\ folder you need only the .SRD files of the languages that you use (those are firmware's version dependent).

Done as you suggested ....

Thanks for the info