Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

help Igo Primo for Becker Active 45 PNA

Hi Everybody,
    I would like to ask your help regarding a Becker Active 45 device. Some weeks ago I purchased this PNA and I put a simply SI onto it to enable me to start the Becker navi software, Primo and Total Commander. I changed the original Becker software to not original one and it is working well. My big headache is TMC of Primo. Unfortunately the Primo can not recognise the built-in TMC receiver. However I use the necessary settings (it is from the ini file of original Becker data.zip), I copied the relevant DLL files also from the original Becker software to the primo’s folder. But, the result is nothing. Some additional info: the TMC is working with Becker navi software if it is called navigator.exe and it is in ‘navigator’ folder. If I modify anything (i.e. name of navigator.exe to navigator2.exe) the Becker navi software also can not see the built-in TMC receiver.
    I tried to rename the primo exe to navigator.exe and I put it into the navigator folder, but unfortunately the result was zero.
    Do you have any idea, how can I use the built-in TMC receiver with primo (v9.6.13.267029)? This Avanteq receiver seems very tricky.
    Thank you for your help in advance!

2.    Advertissements

Take some version of iGO8, like 8.3.5, and put inside iGO8 8.3.5, instead Primo, then connect your tmc receiever or car charger, if tmc is integrated in car charger, go in settings, and TMC settings, and put automatically scaning for TMC port and baud rate,to see will iGO8 8.3.5 will detect it, if detect it, go in save folder, find system.ini, and there you'll have real values of tmc port and baud rate for your device, then put that values in Primo sys.txt, and then try to see will it detect FM stations and TMC signal, most of TMC receievers requires to have connected charger if tmc receiever is separately device.

To have working TMC you'll need tmc files for Primo and appropriate license, for Primo not free license in public for TMC, for iGO8 8.3.5 will work without that special TMC license.
    ﻻاله اﻻ الله محمد رسول الله

Unfortunately this method is not working. However I know the necessary settings (port, etc.) because the original Becker software is based on primo, therefore I can read it from save folder and/or data.zip/config/devices/becker_BSC10.ini. The TMC receiver is built-in the device, the car charger contains only the aerial for it.
    I think, there should be some trick inside the navigator.exe or relevant dll files (ATMC_CE.DLL; AVQTMC.DLL; TMCGPS.DLL).

How did you know, not work, if you didn't try with iGO8 8.3.5? Check it, and then post results. It's not based on Primo, it's Primo. I know about original device .ini, but inside not always good structured command lines, and often problems and wrong values.

So, try what suggested with iGO8 8.3.5, if iGO8 doesn't detect it, then you'll have to use only modified original .exe, there is nothing special with that .dll files, it's built-in function inside .exe linked to communicate with OS drivers, so if that's part of OS and packed inside .exe, only solution is using original Primo Becker, sure modified to accept TMC licenses = .c.r.a.c.k.e.d PRimo Becker for your device.

Maybe I was unclear in my former post. I tested with Igo 8.3.5 but unfortunately the result is zero. The Igo8 could not find TMC receiver. I tried it with only the igo8.exe and I also tested it with dll files as well.

Then, definetely you'll have to use original Primo Becker release for your device, cause those functions for your device are part of .exe, so search here in iGO software release Primo Becker for active 45 model, and use it with newest maps and tmc.

I'm doing it, I use c.r.a.c.k.e.d Becker, but it would be great to use the TMC in primo as well. Do you know anybody who could modify the primo.exe according to this Becker PNA?
    Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by vaz2108 View Post
    I'm doing it, I use c.r.a.c.k.e.d Becker, but it would be great to use the TMC in primo as well. Do you know anybody who could modify the primo.exe according to this Becker PNA?
    Thanks for your help!
    you can post the details of your beaker so I give him a look?

I use currently v9.6.8.247703 Becker navi software which works very well on my Becker Active 45 device and the software is on My Flash Disk (inside memory). As I wrore earlier, I would like to use the Primo v9.6.13.267029 as well which is located on microSD card. After starting of device, SI starts (I changed the original NNGStart folder to this SI), where I can start the Becker, Primo and Total Commander. Generally the Primo is working except the TMC function. If you need any other information or the used softwares (exe, dll, data.zip, etc.) please inform me, and I can upload them somewhere if necessary.
    Thanks for your help in advance!

I use this SI:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    In my version there is becker icon instead of Garmin.

Navigation software expert Igo Primo for Becker Active 45 PNA
    Igo Primo for Becker Active 45 PNAIgo Primo for Becker Active 45 PNAIgo Primo for Becker Active 45 PNA

Do you have TMC folder in content folder?

Add this in sys.txt:

[tmc]
    source="gnsport"
    version=-1
    enable_igo_provider=1
    tuner_alg_search_force_on=1
    port="COM,1"
    baud=38400
    tuner_alg_search_force_on=1
    tuner_alg_search_timeout=20000
    tuneralg_rds_packet_timeout=4000
    tuneralg_8a_packet_timeout=6000
    tuneralg_3a_packet_timeout=8000
    ignore_suspend=1
    ignore_resume=1

delete folder save and run primo and TMC must work.
    Last edited by lolypop000; 22nd September 2013 at 06:26 PM.
    If you wish, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]