Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    GPSPower Helper Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20
    Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20

Have you tried another computer. ? Maybe your programs are seeing a shadow copy of garmindevice.xml somewhere else in computer ?
    Do you have any virtual drives in that computer ?
    Is your Garmindevice.xml being updated at boot time ? (completely power off device,switch on let it reboot and then connect to computer see date and time of garmindevice.xml)
    Have you tried flashing firmware ? previous version ? Same version using updater.exe ?
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein.

2.    Advertissements

VIP Master Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20
    Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20

Thank you both of you dasilvarsa and loly. I'm traveling now and will report on thursday.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by isg; 6th August 2013 at 06:47 PM.

Important User Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20
    Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20

Compare garmindevice.xml in nuvi with the one from backup and see if it's ruined somehow.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

VIP Master Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20
    Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20

Report promised:
    1. I have renamed all GarminDevice.xml files on other drive of the computer - no change
    2. Reinstalled same FW 3.30 version clearing before and after NonVol - no change; Here I should add that I have used updater.exe as WebUpdater crashed on reinstall /downloads version and did not update it on the unit - freeze at downloading 100% and nothing further happens...../
    3. Uninstalled completely GE and installed it again - same old story
    4. Tomorrow I will downgrade FW to 2.80 /if not mistake the number/
    Note:
    1. Clear all user data did not clear them from device - still have my home location after clearing
    2. Keeping finger on bottom right corner of the screen leads me to pre-boot mode /system is showing/ and nothing like clear user data.

The last note was a bit of a shock for me as I never suspect that pre-boot could be entered from bottom right corner.
    Could someone test it and confirm?
    I do not think that my nuvi is unique but you never knew .
    Last edited by isg; 8th August 2013 at 04:13 PM.

Navigation software expert Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20

If webupdater crash, then something is very wrong with your device.
    Maybe you will need at the end of testing use prepusb, i hope you create backup when you buy device and when your nuvi work ok.
    If you wish, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Master

I have a same problem on my PC and MAC versions of GE. Still see offer of text update to ver.1.40. WebUpdater offer much more updates and I stop using it. I think its problem with firmware of 3597- it makes broken XML. Or may file is correct, but have some new tags, dont recognised by old computer software.

GPSPower Helper Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20
    Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20

Maybe a problem with computer !
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Astx View Post
    I have a same problem on my PC and MAC versions of GE. Still see offer of text update to ver.1.40. WebUpdater offer much more updates and I stop using it. I think its problem with firmware of 3597- it makes broken XML. Or may file is correct, but have some new tags, dont recognised by old computer software.
    you can try with another pc, windows also what you can find

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20
    Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20Problems with updates for 3597 FW 3.20

@all
    I think the best advice is to stop using GE. This 'all-in-one' updater is making devices act weird and it's hard to know exactly what has caused the problem when everything is updated together [fw, maps, voices, text, wotever!]. Garmin needs to fix it. I have an NA 3597 which functions fine and has never been touched by GE. I use WU, MU & MI only, usually with a 'nuvi stunt-double' on a flash drive. I won't even use GE if the unit's within warranty, too many hassles.
    @isg
    I agree with Loly who is always right anyway. That is really abnormal behaviour for your unit. It should enter preboot only by holding over the 'G'. Can you clear NV ok? Even if you don't have a files backup, i would be reformatting with RMPrepUSB also and if still plays up restore NV if you have a backup of that. The unit must be under warranty in any case so flick it back to Garmin if you can't fix it soon.
    Last edited by Neil; 8th August 2013 at 10:30 PM.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Korabi View Post
    you can try with another pc, windows also what you can find
    i have this problem on two pc computers (win2K and win8) and one mac (10.8.4)