Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master

Default 3597: Open feature from other Locale

On 4pda Garmin forum Cnfhbr push me on one experiment with my 3597, and it was successful.
    If you exceed speed limit of the road, speed counter goes to red color without any sound effects.
    But if you use UK locale, you have that feature: "Audible Speed Alerts" (see it under Map&Vehicle in Preferences menu). Exceed speed - get sound alarm beep
    In Russian locale (an France & Swiss too) we don't have that feature, but we can enable it.
    BackUp all of you data, then in system menu "Clear all user data". After reboot select UK locale. Now we have "Audible Speed Alerts".
    Change you native locale back via system menu (Developer info->Change Locale) and Voila! - we have our locale with speed alarm and new menu enabler for them!
    Restore you data

2.    Advertissements

Navigation software expert 3597: Open feature from other Locale
    3597: Open feature from other Locale3597: Open feature from other Locale3597: Open feature from other Locale

I hope if I would make "Clear all user data" again this joy will disable?
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

3597: Open feature from other Locale

Quote Originally Posted by Astx View Post
    But if you use UK locale, you have that feature: "Audible Speed Alerts" (see it under Map&Vehicle in Preferences menu). Exceed speed - get sound alarm beep
    In Russian locale (an France & Swiss too) we don't have that feature, but we can enable it.
    On the 3490 for this purpose I use the Belgian locale (België) in which the AddressFormat is more proper for me - STREET-NUMBER

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Giomen View Post
    I hope if I would make "Clear all user data" again this joy will disable?
    Yes, if you select locale without this feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnfhbr View Post
    On the 3490 for this purpose I use the Belgian locale (België) in which the AddressFormat is more proper for me - STREET-NUMBER
    But in this case you have fuel cost in Euro and Belgian speed restriction on roads without map internal speed-limit.

But in this case you have fuel cost in Euro
    Try to edit the appropriate lines in Locales.xml, see the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

and Belgian speed restriction on roads without map internal speed-limit.
    I propose to use the Belgian locale with the maps that contain the internal Speed Limits, for example CN Russia. The main thing is that the Belgian locale also has "Audible Speed Alerts" feature.
    Last edited by Cnfhbr; 22nd July 2013 at 09:58 AM.

3597: Open feature from other Locale3597: Open feature from other Locale3597: Open feature from other Locale

Try to edit the appropriate lines in Locales.xml, see the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    The best way use "р." or "р" because on some device value in digits in couple with "руб " exceed the limit for number of symbols in appropriate field for very long routes...
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Important User 3597: Open feature from other Locale
    3597: Open feature from other Locale3597: Open feature from other Locale3597: Open feature from other Locale3597: Open feature from other Locale3597: Open feature from other Locale3597: Open feature from other Locale3597: Open feature from other Locale

Wondering if in Android Garmin Street Pilot ported from Asus Padfone we can do something similar.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    No audible speedcameras alerts, sound works just selecting traditional Chinese voice.
    The problem is I've not discovered yet how to clear user's data lol. No option, no hidden menus too, neither from speedometer nor from volume page.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    The problem is I've not discovered yet how to clear user's data lol. No option, no hidden menus too, neither from speedometer nor from volume page.
    Try on your Android tablet or phone: Settings / Application manager / StreetPilot / Clear data button ...

Important User 3597: Open feature from other Locale
    3597: Open feature from other Locale3597: Open feature from other Locale3597: Open feature from other Locale3597: Open feature from other Locale3597: Open feature from other Locale3597: Open feature from other Locale3597: Open feature from other Locale

Try on your Android tablet or phone: Settings / Application manager / StreetPilot / Clear data button ...
    Perfect .Thanks
    It was simple, blonde moment lol
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

@catymag

Is there now this feature (Audible Speed Alerts) in your StreetPilot with adequate locale?