Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Important User TYP files collection
    TYP files collection

Quote Originally Posted by ddabcd277 View Post
    Can't see a link to it:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Thanks...added in post #1

Bye,bye

2.    Advertissements

Quote Originally Posted by Smulan View Post
    I have one question connected to the CNEU maps; the typ file supplied with the maps are huge, 6MB, and can not be opened with the typ handling tools as far as I know. Are there any ways to extract info from the original typ file for modding? Of course you can use the files supplied in the archive above as starting points (which I do) but just curious.
    You can open it, view all its content and modify it with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Vip Master TYP files collection
    TYP files collectionTYP files collection

If I open i.e. the typ file for CNEU2014.1 which is I0000B99.TYP size 6010 kB in TYPViewer it does not show any polygons or polylines, just the poi:s, see dump below
    Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Used the "Tools" - "Special TYPs..." and then the Poly:s were visible and could be edited .....
    As always - learn the tools and success will come to you.
    Last edited by Smulan; 24th June 2013 at 11:32 PM.

Navigation software expert TYP files collection
    TYP files collection

Quote Originally Posted by Smulan View Post
    If I open i.e. the typ file for CNEU2014.1 which is I0000B99.TYP size 6010 kB in TYPViewer it does not show any polygons or polylines, just the poi:s
    The TYP file for CNEU2014.1 does not contain the types of polygons, polylines and standard POIs! There are only Extra POIs that have commercial icons.
    Click on any Extra POI type in the List and then you can view and edit these types ...

GPSPower Helper TYP files collection
    TYP files collection

What are special labels ?
    Are the special labels editable ?
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein.

Navigation software expert TYP files collection
    TYP files collection

@dasilvarsa

As far as I know, the true purpose of the Special Labels isn't known in full, so it cannot be edited at this stage ...

@Smulan

The TYP files of CNEUR doesn't contain any polygon, polyline or POI but a very long DrawOrder list. So, all the polygons ( if they are listed in the DrawOrder) all the polylines and all the POI are displayed according to default settings of the rendering engine (i.e. Basecamp,Mapsource or the firmware of the GPS unit).

Edit: Used the "Tools" - "Special TYPs..." and then the Poly:s were visible and could be edited .....
    As always - learn the tools and success will come to you.
    No, the tool "Special typs for..." in TYPViewer is a tool that creates a special typ that can help the user to determine the type and subtype of objects (like polygons, polylines and Poi): for example, you have a map in which you want to change the appearance the Highway. So you want to make a typ file to do this but you don't know the type and subtype of your higway. "Special typs for..." can help you to found those codes.

So why are the newest CNEUR typ files so big?
    The typ file of CNEUR contains a lot of what I have called "ExtraPOI" : these "ExtraPOI" only exist in NT map, and AFAIK there is no way to create maps with "ExtraPOI" (only original Garmin maps contain "ExtraPOI").
    The online Editor call them "Special icons" but this is not exact because these objects have the same characteristics as POI : an icon , of course, but also a string, extended labels , another icon for the night etc..
    In fact, each ExtraPOI contain several POI at different resolutions.

"ExtraPOI" are getting bigger and bigger with True Colors icons up to 128x128, so typ files are getting bigger and bigger too , up to more than 20Mo..
    They are editable in TYPViewer.
    Most of those ExtraPoi are commercial and some others are used for compatibility with GPS devices that can't manage 3D pictures.

What I have called "Special Labels" in TYPViewer, are labels (strings) , imbedded in CNEUR typ but I don't know how they work and what are the two series of numbers associated to them..
    Editing those labels is not difficult but as far as we don't know how Special labels work , I think it is useless, so I haven't implement this in TYPViewer.
    If someone has already seen a Special Label in Basecamp or a GPS device, I would be interested in... but maybe they are not displayed but are used in a different way ... I don't know.

TYP files collectionTYP files collectionTYP files collectionTYP files collectionTYP files collectionTYP files collectionTYP files collection

Topo Germany pro v.6 Typ:
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

TYP files collectionTYP files collectionTYP files collectionTYP files collectionTYP files collectionTYP files collectionTYP files collection

Garmin Alpenvereinskarten 2013 Typ:

Note by MOD: many Thanks... Add in post #2
    Last edited by Roger; 3rd July 2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: join Note
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

TYP files collection

Very strange,it file TYP

File TYP of CNNT SAm 2014.10 is empty of classic POLYLINES,POLYGONES,POINTS,etc...
    Content it's like the 2014.10

[hide]

16lijwi

[/hide]

No posts I insert it in the list of the starting post

Bye,bye