Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GPSPower Helper 60CSx maps and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by troepje View Post
    ... the *.img file can't be larger then 2GB on the 60Csx....

You can also put two microSD cards (wrapped in plastic if you want) in the baterry compartment, just between the two batteries.

2.    Advertissements

Just purchased a 2'nd hand GPSmap 60Cx and need to install some maps. I downloaded the "unlocked" 'Garmin GB Discoverer 1:50K — Southern England & Wales' listed in a thread here .img file file and copied it to the \GARMIN folder on a 4GB micro-SD card. Can't see any sign of the map being recognized by the GPS though Any idea what I've done wrong?

Ideally I want to use the GPSMap for both Land and Marine navigation. I will download the latest English Channel BlueChart V2 Vision that I can find here. How do I get this chart on the GPS? Can I strip out the 'Vision' parts of a BlueChart V2 to reduce storage as my GPS will not display all the fancy views.

Note by MOD: I moved your post in correct section and 3rd.

[Edit: Seems I do have some maps on the GPS - though there appears to be no terrain detail, not even coastlines. I just see the roads. Are the Discover Maps suitable for a 60Cx or should I go for the older TOPO map?]
    Last edited by Mad Leo; 1st August 2013 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Join Note
    Garmin GPSmap 60Cx

Important User 60CSx maps and stuff
    60CSx maps and stuff60CSx maps and stuff60CSx maps and stuff60CSx maps and stuff60CSx maps and stuff60CSx maps and stuff60CSx maps and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Leo View Post
    . Are the Discover Maps suitable for a 60Cx or should I go for the older TOPO map?
    I cant see it in devices compatibility list, probably raster maps are not supported.
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Ok thanks, guess I have to stick to vector maps then. I heard about an open-source UK vector map that is being kept up-to-date - can't find a link for it now though - any ideas?

I had the NWAtlantic BlueChart V2 working on it today while out sailing Now downloading the UK TOPO V2. Hopefully I can combine the two map-sets using GMAPTool - the result should be less than 4GB. Are there any problems combining maps and charts? They are pretty much the same thing really, though not sure on tidal data etc.
    Garmin GPSmap 60Cx