Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Member +

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyBKatt View Post
    Thought i would give it a go on rooted android v4.2.1, StreetPilot v2.16 crashes :*(

EDIT: Got it working, will update later if i getting it working 100% on 4.2.1

Hi BuckyBKatt , i would love to know if it works, please let us know.
    Im expecting Jelly Bean Update 4.2.1 soon somewere in End of June 2013 , so it is important for me to know if you got it working.
    If you battle have a look at post #1 to #3.

and here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Good luck !!

2.    Advertissements

Member + Install Garmin Street Pilot v.2.16 Samsung Galaxy Android 4.1.2  Detailed Instructions&Pics jackmawatan's Avatar

For bigger resolution, like me on Galaxy Note (1280x800), you can use the libgarminos.so from v2.14 and it will give you large font and better view.
    Cheers!

All credit goes to wkj525 at sosaw.com.

as posted by tangbohu, libgarminos.so from v2.14 has got a good resolution but when i tried it in my note 2 and sgs3, the street pilot app force closes. what should be done so as not to FC ?

I'm getting a weird bug probably maybe?? because i tried to use the call function inside garmin. The contacts app on the main screen bottom keeps disappearing probably after restart. Anyone experiencing this? I hope it is not a virus.

Updated: I uninstalled Streetpilot restart the phone twice and reinstalled Streetpilot and everything seems to be ok. Whatever you do don't hit the call button in Android.
    Last edited by dc5dd; 1st June 2013 at 06:30 AM.

It is working fine on my note 2 with android 4.1.2. But battery is draining very quickly and volume doesnot work as mentioned

Moshel, if you search for mcdonald's and hit the info button from there is a Call button if you hit that what happens? I should crash then if you restart your phone ?maybe? the contact app disappears? I'm trying to reproduce the problem didn't have it until I installed Streetpilot.

Garmin SP 2.16 for no-rooted phones, all lang langs included for no-rooted phones, tested on my SGS2, JB 4.1.2 - official,

Spoiler: CLICK
    http://www60.zippyshare.com/v/52955917/file.html

enjoy it

Awesome! The app works!. However I'm having a problem, and I would be glad if someone could help me . I have a galaxy s3 with 4.1.2. The app doesn't seem to recognise my maps. My maps are a file called "gmapsupp.img", and I put it in sdcard/external_sd/Garmin/.System and it doesn't find it. I put it in sdcard/external_sd/Garmin/ and doesn't find it either. I put it in sdcard/external_sd/Garmin/ and it doesn't find it either. I am using the app Root Browser Lite to move the maps. Can someone tell me the exact folder where I should put the maps? I tried with two different libgarminos.so files, which are the ones at the 1st page, where it says:

"Here other libgarminos.so to install it in external sd card etc
    external_sd.zip
    storageextSdCard.rar"

(I didn't try the third one (SDCARD2.zip) because it had a password and I don't know which one it is)

If I have to use a hex editor to in a offset, so that it looks for the maps in a specific folder, please tell me which offset it is

Edit: I tried renaming the maps file to "gmapprom.img", didn't work.

Edit 2: I discovered the right folder; the problem was that the maps were in the sdcard/[...] folder, while it should have been in the extSdCard which is a completly different one. It is kind of confusing because, as you could see, the first folders I tried had in the name "external_sd" which would lead me to think that it was, indeed, the external sd but it is not, it's all the internal sd; I don't know why google or samsung designed it like that. ....

I've noticed that there are versions of the Streetpilot apk which doesn't need root. ... but... the instalation of the libgarminos.so, libgmxt.so files, the maps and everything else DO require root (in fact, to give the permisions and stuff). May I ask then, what's the point of a no root version of the streetpilot apk, if everything else still needs root? I kind of not understand that :P

I know I have just posted something above and I could just edit it to add what I asked, but it doesn't really have anything to do with my problem above so I decided to write this instead (if this is not allowed, somebody please edit this in order to fusion this message with my previous one)
    Last edited by catymag; 1st June 2013 at 11:25 AM. Reason: merged 2 consec. posts

Black Wolf, what is the difference between your apk with languages and the one goodoane uploaded in Post #1?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Wolf View Post
    Garmin SP 2.16 for no-rooted phones, all lang langs included for no-rooted phones, tested on my SGS2, JB 4.1.2 - official,

***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***

enjoy it
    Does anyone know of a way to stop the end user agreement and the warning from coming up each time Streetpilot is started.

Also is anyone having the setting go back to default after a phone restart?

Thanks

Member +

Thanks alot catymag. Working on my rooted Samsung Note 2 N7100 (4.1.2 omega v16 rom, perseus 36 kernel), but not on the extSD (opened but it did not see the maps no matter what i've done to solve, and had the battery icon glitch). As soon as i transferred the Garmin folder from extSD to internal SD, worked flawlessly and without the battery icon glitch. Takes anyname.img maps in map folder using maps from Mapsource. Cheers.
    Last edited by mandilul; 1st June 2013 at 07:49 AM.

Member +

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSZ View Post
    Awesome! The app works!. However I'm having a problem, and I would be glad if someone could help me . I have a galaxy s3 with 4.1.2. The app doesn't seem to recognise my maps. ..

Hi did you unlock gmapprom.img with garmin-image-unlock-gimgunlock-up-v-0-03

Here is link

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by catymag; 1st June 2013 at 11:38 AM. Reason: reduced quote