Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GPSPower Helper View two mapsets simultaneously
    View two mapsets simultaneously

Goto Options Tab - Tick Advanced Options
    Goto Write Tab - Tick Set Version in header - on same line there is a box that says MS type a 0 ----------- (Zero) Leave everything else blank.
    Press Write All

The MS flag = 0 makes the Map visible in BaseCamp --- Ms flag = 1 Map is not visible in Basecamp.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein.

2.    Advertissements

Brilliant idea dasilvarsa, BRILLIANT !!!!!!!

I've splitted Europe DEM for Mapsource and selected my country's tiles along with the overlapping tiles from CNEU 2013.41
    I copied the .img file on a sd card (garmin folder) and in Basecamp I can now see CN as a 3D map, full functional !!!!
    con05

I can also select my country's tiles from Europe DEM in Mapsource and create a .img file.
    Then, using Gmaptool, I can create a mapset file that has that DEM .img and any road map of my country and see it 3D in Basecamp !!!
    This is the way to do it if the road map doesn't have a Mapsource version, so you can keep the Search function.
    (the example below is Anavasis map that doesn't have bulit-in DEM info)
    con06

Member + View two mapsets simultaneously mullerh's Avatar

I have have found the MS flag in Gmaptool and the explanation online at the Gmaptool website of what it does.

Member + View two mapsets simultaneously mullerh's Avatar

dasilvarsa:
    Your suggestion worked well. The only thing I did differently was I sent the trail maps and overlapping topo maps to a usb flash drive. I then found and set the MS flag to 0 as you suggested in Gmaptool.
    When I opened up Basecamp the USB was recognized. I opened up gmapsupp.img (in the garmin folder) and then was able to view the trails maps superimposed on the topo maps.
    Great suggestion. Thank you for your help.

View two mapsets simultaneously

A very quick and nifty way to change MS flag

gmt -w -c 0.00,1 gmapsupp.img--------------Flag changes to 1---------------

gmt -w -c 0.00,0 gmapsupp.img--------------Flag changes to 0---------------

Gmaptool must be installed in your system
    Here is batch Files.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by dasilvarsa; 26th May 2013 at 02:17 PM.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. View two mapsets simultaneously
    View two mapsets simultaneouslyView two mapsets simultaneouslyView two mapsets simultaneouslyView two mapsets simultaneouslyView two mapsets simultaneouslyView two mapsets simultaneouslyView two mapsets simultaneously

Nice trick dasil... copied to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Rep+ for that, and your many other great tips!
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].