Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Navigation software Moderator kunix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bpb View Post
    What Kunix found out for my 2300 unit he need to modify the boot.bin to get a special region.
    The solution I have now is only 2300 and I do not know how to make that patch.
    To be precise, that FML P/N is stored in NAND area which doesn't belong to any region (there is a gap in the region layout), just before the region 0x30.
    So I had to modify the region layout in boot.bin and make the previous region cover FML P/N area, so that it could be read/written with update.txt.

2.    Advertissements

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Convert Nuvi 2460 to Dezl 560 Truckies Nav.
    Convert Nuvi 2460 to Dezl 560 Truckies Nav.Convert Nuvi 2460 to Dezl 560 Truckies Nav.Convert Nuvi 2460 to Dezl 560 Truckies Nav.Convert Nuvi 2460 to Dezl 560 Truckies Nav.Convert Nuvi 2460 to Dezl 560 Truckies Nav.Convert Nuvi 2460 to Dezl 560 Truckies Nav.Convert Nuvi 2460 to Dezl 560 Truckies Nav.

@kunix
    Is it also possible to modify the boot.bin of 37x0 so that it will boot 34x0 converted from 37? Angelo has been looking at that as a possible way to overcome the unacceptable accuracy of some of those converted units. Feasible? Sorry, it's a bit ot here.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

I'm pretty sure it's feasible, but we need to patch the bootloader (bootloader is not boot.bin). And the question is how many devices would have to be bricked (if bootloader crashes there are no pre-boot) before it finally works. Also I think bootloader has nothing to do with GPS chip initialization. Why does angelozip think the opposite?

UPD:
    Well, in theory we could try running the patched bootloader by sending it with a special boot.bin, which could unpack it and execute.
    Also I think it should be possible to use the original 37xx bootloader with ported 34xx firmware and as far as I remember Alviora has reported some success here.
    Last edited by kunix; 17th April 2013 at 07:08 AM.

Convert Nuvi 2460 to Dezl 560 Truckies Nav.Convert Nuvi 2460 to Dezl 560 Truckies Nav.Convert Nuvi 2460 to Dezl 560 Truckies Nav.Convert Nuvi 2460 to Dezl 560 Truckies Nav.Convert Nuvi 2460 to Dezl 560 Truckies Nav.Convert Nuvi 2460 to Dezl 560 Truckies Nav.Convert Nuvi 2460 to Dezl 560 Truckies Nav.

Dunno, it's way above my miserable pay-level. He mentioned it in context of boot drivers in this [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] but i don't know the significance or otherwise of it of course.
    I'm sure he'll elaborate on it but it will be for you to consider as it's above my head. If this goes too much further, maybe we should move some of these posts to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ??

EDIT: All 37>34 specific posts moved, and Posts from #12 to here copied to above thread.
    Last edited by Neil; 17th April 2013 at 10:30 PM.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Rough individual tests with original 2460, hybrid fw 2460/560, and with full 560 fw all showed unwavering 3m accuracy in good clear conditions, no tall buildings. Suburban and rural running on same day.

@kunix
    Your comment about bootloader for 34/37, could you elaborate more in small words how that works and could it be applicable with 2460/560 at all [i.e do 2640 and 560 have identical bootloader]?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Your comment about bootloader for 34/37, could you elaborate more in small words how that works and could it be applicable with 2460/560 at all [i.e do 2640 and 560 have identical bootloader]?
    What exactly do you want me elaborate on? Concering testing patched 37xx bootloader by loading a special boot.bin?
    That's quite easy. I'm pretty sure that bootloader on 37xx is executed from RAM. So we could replace it with our patched bootloader and execute the patched one without writing it into flash (and thus probably bricking the device). The only duty of that special boot.bin would be rewrite the bootloader in RAM and pass execution to it.

nuvi 24xx and dezl 560 have quite different bootloaders, at least when comparing them as binary files. But we shouldn't care as we can use the original 24xx bootloader with dezl 560 fw_all.bin.

Sorry, i probably wasn't clear what i was asking. But it seems you have divined and answered my questions: (i) You can patch 37 bootloader using a custom boot.bin (if you are willing to move further with that and how to do it, we can continue in the other thread); and (ii) 2460 & 560 bootloaders are different but it's of no consequence as the original works with 560 fw_all.bin anyway.
    Last edited by Neil; 26th July 2014 at 11:17 PM.

I converts 2460 to 560, but do not view POI in card, using standart card - CNE_NT_2013.41
    How to enable them to see?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    First image in 765, next in 560 (ex2460)
    Thanks in advance for your reply
    Last edited by aleximilian; 14th May 2013 at 09:28 PM.

Don't think you'd have seen them in 2460 either, and i think that's common across 23x0/37x0 as well.

Member + Convert Nuvi 2460 to Dezl 560 Truckies Nav.Convert Nuvi 2460 to Dezl 560 Truckies Nav.

Hi!

Can I convert Nuvi 2555 to Dezl 560 Truckies Nav?

Can I convert Nuvi 265W to nuvi 465 Truckies Nav?