Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Member +

Hi, yes please - I looked at the thread you link to and it makes no sense to me whatsoever! I can usually follow step by step instructions. I really appreciate this, thanks!

2.    Advertissements

GPSPower Helper Using TMC in Garmin nuvi for free
    Using TMC in Garmin nuvi for free

Below some procedures to downgrade of the 3.10 firmware in GTM 25 and 35 cables, to unlock the operation of traffic. This firmware appears as the option "Firmware Update for GTMxx Traffic Receiver Type 3" in WebUpdater or Garmin Express. Some versions of GTM25 and 35 are not affected (blocked) by this firmware.

1. Download the contents of the link and unzip it (download the the file attachment) [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Connect your GPS to your computer and navigate to the folder .System which is the internal memory of the GPS (enable system hidden files and folders of the Windows to view it).

3. Locate the folder RemoteSW and copy the contents of Pasta1 to it (a file 0060901..gcd will be overwritten)

4. Unplug of the computer and turn on the gps. When completed the Initialization connect the GTM25/35 cable to the vehicle lighter plug and and gps. Within moments the firmware must be updated with the progress appearing on the screen (+- 30 seg).

5. Disconnect the GTM cable and connect the gps to the computer.

6. Copy the contents of "Pasta2" to the folder RemoteSW, as in item 2.

7. Repeat the steps in item 4.

8. The Traffic should operate (if the subscription is correctly installed)
    Last edited by angelozip; 2nd February 2014 at 02:27 AM.
    DriveLuxe50, Nuvi 2689, Etrex 30x, Epix, VivoActive HR.

Navigation software expert Using TMC in Garmin nuvi for free
    Using TMC in Garmin nuvi for freeUsing TMC in Garmin nuvi for freeUsing TMC in Garmin nuvi for free

If you look on your picture you will see sys ver 65535 and this is reason why your GTM won't work.
    If you folow step by step @angelo tutorial, you will have after this procedure sys ver 3.00 and your GTM will work

Member +

Hi, I think I give up at this point!

Pasta 1 went on and it updated. Loaded pasta 2, and it hasn't recognised it has a traffic cable since. Done a hard reset just to see if that helps. No amount of twiddling the cable makes it appear as a traffic module.

I'm seeing the following in the settings
    Spoiler: pics
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Garmin express wants to upgrade it to 3.10 again and I've not let it.

Any ideas?

Using TMC in Garmin nuvi for freeUsing TMC in Garmin nuvi for freeUsing TMC in Garmin nuvi for free

Do you try to add a new subscription?
    If wont work run webupdater (don't run garmin express) and update GTM FW and let us know if your GTM will work.
    Add also picture what show Traffic reciver status and subscription when you update FW of GTM with webupdater.

p.s.
    You can also try to reset traffic status in uper left corner of screen where you have 3 black lines.

Besides the problem of blocking traffic signal by the firmware 3.10, your cable gtm25 also have a intermittent defect (or not connected to car plug), such that I mentioned in post 589, unfortunately. A blank screen, as shown in your image, denotes that the traffic receiver is not connected,perhaps only the energy part of the cable. If you managed to install the first firmware (Pasta1) correctly (100%), you should be able to install the rest. On this screen and connected at cigarette lighter plug of the car, move the cable in various positions, mainly at the end next to the gps, even begin to appear indicatives data on the Traffic Status Receive screen. At this point hold the position of the cable immobile that the second firmware must be updated. I have a cable gtm25 with exactly the same problem (prior to installation of v 3.10), so I can safely say that is an intermittent (hopefully) hardware contact defect, besides the locking of the 3.10 firmware
    Last edited by Boki; 28th May 2022 at 02:34 PM.

On GTM25 must be red light when is corect contected to the car plug if you can, try on different car.

Quote Originally Posted by bpb View Post
    Anyone like to test in in Brazil?

FID PID RGNID VenID
    1975 14 14 1
    1975 15 15 1
    1968 15 15 1
    @bpb, I liked of your suggestion, very good! The parameters posted makes sense, shows that you understand well the logic of formation, but unfortunately does not work. Why? Because B7 is different of B07 and B0 has no relation with the SID (navteq). Soon, both parameters do not have references in the database (trafficproviders), which makes it impossible to add the subscription. Try it! But his attempt was very well thought out.

Master

@ angelozip

Thanks for advice, now I know on my formula issue.
    Anyway on the 5 digits, do you know how to define the first number?
    Brazil 7
    Austria 4

@bpb,

The first number probably is related to groups of regions, obviously will have 16 possible alternatives. Here the best method to discover it is the comparison with country codes of the same region, no formula.