Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Bricked paperweight.
    Bricked paperweight.Bricked paperweight.Bricked paperweight.Bricked paperweight.Bricked paperweight.Bricked paperweight.Bricked paperweight.

Not only why did 'you' brick them, but why are 2x5 still under warranty in Russia? Are Ladas being re-marketed and having 2x5 fitted as standard?
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

2.    Advertissements

Navigation software expert Bricked paperweight.
    Bricked paperweight.Bricked paperweight.Bricked paperweight.

Caty! IMHO, but Nuvi 2x5 is the legend.

Why? This was the first Garmin series for affordable price (Nuvi7x5 is perfect but it is relatively expensive).
    And so on... Full language support (Unicode), super fast a map drawing, a searching and a routing with multiply via point, rugged body (a little of scotch tape and rubber gasket make Zumo from it), photo comment for points, QWERTY. I see no new feature in all new devices except predicative searching and searching near the recent. nuvi1xxx with pop-up window for point seemed test for sharpshooters after 2x5 with understandable and adequate response of screen - this was the beginning of death of Garmin.
    More than half of Nuvi that we have it is 2x5. In these latter days when there are not this device on wholesale stock we order everybody only one souvenir - Nuvi2x5.

From here there are a huge quantity of dead device. We know all temptation here. Modding to asian modifications or 465 modification at first. The second, after Garmin attach ecoRoute since 5.10 FW there were bugs with routing for all route preferences. The third, Garmin became the big corporation and its service became worldwide for this reason. We are a little have grown insolent due to that event - we loaded test SW on the parking lot of a store directly from notebook and we returned Nuvi back immediately if something was wrong.

The moral of the fable. I know why I liked Garmin but I am know why I love Garmin now. Probably a matter is in a habit...
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Navigation software expert Bricked paperweight.
    Bricked paperweight.Bricked paperweight.Bricked paperweight.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Not only why did 'you' brick them, but why are 2x5 still under warranty in Russia? Are Ladas being re-marketed and having 2x5 fitted as standard?
    Neil, I am the old idiot but I am not full fool and spender. I never buy Garmin for ourselves in Russia! In Russia we do not have the office of Garmin and moreover bushiness in Russia is very risky I think you read a books about the Middle Ages. Garmin and others in post-soviet regions is orcs from Lord of the Rings. You may pay up to 2 dollars for liter of fuel but it is not guaranty that you get a donkey urine in your fuel tank.
    I love only My Russia - the godforsaken homeland in the end of the World. And I have only two things what I buy here it is the hot bread and the natural milk. For other I have a three hour way up Finland. There I can bet one of us is steeper!
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?