Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Important User nuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigation
    nuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigationnuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigationnuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigationnuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigationnuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigationnuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigationnuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigation

Quote Originally Posted by netwave View Post
    It looks very complexed, is there a tutorial on how to use this tool? can it do an unconditional format?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

All the Tutorials here

Edit :Nuvi could not see the new map for some reason:
    wrong .img naming
    wrong path
    locked map
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

2.    Advertissements

Navigation software expert nuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigation
    nuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigationnuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigationnuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigation

Here you have prep usb and also picture with number tutorial:

Navigation software expert nuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigation
    nuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigationnuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigationnuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigation

Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    Edit :Nuvi could not see the new map for some reason:
    wrong .img naming
    wrong path
    locked map
    Nuvi also don't see map if internal disc is not work like he must.
    I found out this with some user i think he have nuvi 2x5, we repair nuvi (nuvi stuck on logo) and then nuvi don't recognize map.
    When he format with prepusb nuvi again see all map

Found thread, after prepusb nuvi see map: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by lolypop000; 12th March 2013 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Found thread

Member +

I just followed ddabcd277 guide to getting the nuvi 37xx (GCD File) firmware v5.00 from Garmin which was fun
    I created cure firmware thanks to the link but cannot seem to force my nuvi into pre boot mode

Should I drag over my saved files to the formatted nuvi & then try getting the device into pre boot mode
    so I can install cure F/W ?

Stock F/W took forever to boot now i've that huge 3GB+ map of europe.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. nuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigation
    nuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigationnuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigationnuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigationnuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigationnuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigationnuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigationnuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigation

I can put both my 3790 and 3790>3490 into preboot by simply connecting to usb and then pressing above 'G' immediately the Garmin log appears. Some 3xxx models you may have to hold the upper LH corner while turning on then press above the G.

Ensure that your unit is completely off, not just in screensaver. Press the power button and hold for a few seconds and then select 'off' when the screen appears. You cannot enter preboot mode while in screensaver.

Cure the unit and then flash original fw with Cure3 before you replace any of your backed up files which you are sure are ok, then run WebUpdater to replace others.

PS: Ensure you have Garmin usb drivers loaded on your computer also.
    Last edited by Neil; 13th March 2013 at 01:19 AM.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Important User nuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigation

Procedure is:
    Load Kunix's cure
    Format Nuvi
    Load original FW .rgn
    Restore backup
    Run Webupdater to be sure files are up to date and complete
    Load maps and addition files.

To enter preboot easily follow instructions here

Fast Neil
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Member +

I used the GarminCure3 v0.1 tool by kunix to create cure firmware,
    just dragged the .GCD file across selected cure & made firmware,
    Managed to enter pre-boot, Neil's way worked for me, upload was successful,
    nuvi's internal memory now appears empty...
    re-formatted...
    Now Im a bit confused regarding Load original F W.rgn
    the original F/W I downloaded off Garmin was .GCD
    *Thinking i've missed something out! Lack of sleep in my case

Solved.. GarminCure3 v0.1 converts .GCD to .rgn, selected Original/make firmware
    Last edited by netwave; 13th March 2013 at 04:23 AM.

GPSPower Helper nuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigation
    nuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigation

You could have skipped the Whole Garmincure3 step as your Nuvi was not Bricked.
    And Gone Directly to Formatting with RMPREPUSB
    But It's no Problem At least you learned a lot.

Is the Nuvi working 100% Now ?
    Give us some feedback please.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein.

Member +

Just done a 60 mile round trip & so far so good! no reboots Will try again tomorrow with the addition of the SDHC & extra maps.

I personally think the rebooting issue may of occured because:

1. Windows prompt wanted to scan and fix errors when plugged into the USB port & I selected 'YES' to fix errors.

I discovered this happens when pulling the USB cable out of the Nuvi or PC, instead of using the recommended method of ejecting the unit which is to use the "safely remove hardware" feature in Windows (maybe able to dissable feature)

2. Nuvi was formatted by Windows right click format/FAT32 to stop annoying prompt's which worked, but at the cost of a working Nuvi.
    It remained a mystery to me before posting on noeman mainly because the reboots were totally random & had no pattern hence thought it may of been a hardware fault eg, dry joint on the PCB.
    So a big thank you to everyone who helped me! much appriciated.. Feel's great to have a working Nuvi again

VIP Master nuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigation
    nuvi 3790T keeps rebooting during navigation

On a side note, to stop windows prompting for Scan and Fix do the following.

1) Start --> Run --> Services.msc
    2) Look for the service SHELL HARDWARE DETECTION
    3) Double click it
    4) Click STOP button to stop the service
    5) To permantely stop it, Go to Startup type and select DISABLED from the drop down menu.
    6) Next reboot the service will not start

NOTE: By disabling scan and fix you will also disable your AutoPlay functionality.