Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Navigation software expert Garmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" status
    Garmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" status

Do you unlock it with JM or you use gimgunlock?
    Try unlock with gimgunlock and report if then ar unlocked in training center.

2.    Advertissements

Important User Garmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" status
    Garmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" status

Quote Originally Posted by Vertego View Post
    Having read all of the above posts, I cannot see that my situation has been explained.

I don't understand how the maps can be unlocked AND unauthenticated. Any clues?

Thanks
    Sorry,no you havent read with care or you should have understood why, maps with FID greater than 2200 are unauthenticated in your device , use unlockers as explained. Read it again.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Thanks Catymag, so is there a VEU015R-Aegean Sea & Sea of Marmara map whit FID 2200 or lower so i can use it with "unl" file?

Garmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" status

You can unlock in your etrex maps with FID smaller than 2200 with the .unl file, but all the maps from Garmin since almost 2 years have FID greater than 2200.
    l9ebnsm

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

And no way to create a gma file... Thanks again

Garmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" status

In any case, what's the point? You have the tools to unlock the final .... that's more than enough

Bye,bye

Quote Originally Posted by gulldong View Post
    And no way to create a gma file... Thanks again
    No. Just Garmin can build .gma files, till now nobody could decrypt these files ,even because ,as Roger wrote above, we can cope with it
    l9ebnsm

Navigation software Moderator kunix's Avatar

In fact, we can decrypt GMA files. Firmware does it, so we can do it also. The problem is, we can't forge them, because they are signed with 2048-bit RSA and we don't know the private key.
    But here is the public key below. Maybe someone clever can break it
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    UPD:
    Btw, here is the public key, which is used for GCD signing (2048-bit RSA also).
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Last edited by kunix; 12th March 2013 at 09:00 PM.

Master

@ kunix

Kunix, can you make it in binary? Maybe it would be easier to figure something out.

And at the end what are we searching for? Do we know a result? Do we know is it bounded to the nuvi ID or other nuvi number? Surely is connected to the FID of the map.

@ roger

If you are a map developer you can make money from that. Not paying to garmin. But in general it is stupid. Just like making a software for iOS and not paying to Apple. For example.
    Last edited by ddabcd277; 16th March 2013 at 12:40 PM.

Garmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" status

Quote Originally Posted by ddabcd277 View Post
    @ roger
    If you are a map developer you can make money from that. Not paying to garmin. But in general it is stupid. Just like making a software for iOS and not paying to Apple. For example.
    Sorry....I'm not a software developer, even maps. I can make 2+2 and not always
    I'm sorry but I did not understand much the meaning of your sentence. Perhaps because the translator on-line has its limitations (like mine)

What I meant in my post is that the GMA does not have to worry (for now)
    In Italian language: discorso di "lana caprina"

Bye,bye