Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Vip Master TOPO Sweden Svealand v3 / Friluftskartan Pro v3 - Svealand
    TOPO Sweden Svealand v3 / Friluftskartan Pro v3 - SvealandTOPO Sweden Svealand v3 / Friluftskartan Pro v3 - Svealand

Quote Originally Posted by caddis View Post
    It works very well in BaseCamp but the name showed is "Garmin Friluftskartan Pro v3 - Norra Norrland"
    Is there a way to change it "Norra Norrland" into "Sweden"
    You can also use the JaVaWa GMTK tool. One nice feature is that you can have one name to appear in the PC and one, shorter, name in your gps. This is handy in i.e. gpsmap 60 CSx and other similar types where the room for showning map names is very short. If you have installed several "Friluftskartan Pro ...) it is impossible to see which is which unless they are renamed like Svea, NedNorr etc.

Link to JaVaWa GMTK here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Another tool is Mapsettoolkit here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2.    Advertissements

Ballebar

topo TOPO Sweden v3 - All regions

Download unlocked IMG for all 4 regions with removed redundant overlapping map tiles - TopoSweden_v3.img:

1fichier link (single RAR-file):
    Spoiler: click
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

gMapTool details:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Svealand and Norra Norrland with intact map tiles.
    Götaland is reduced with the map tiles already existing in Svealand.
    Mellersta & Södra Norrland is reduced with the map tiles already existing in Svealand or Norra Norrland.

TopoSweden_v3.img in BaseCamp:
    UFBil

Map selection in Garmin unit:
    wUOB9

Master TOPO Sweden Svealand v3 / Friluftskartan Pro v3 - Svealand jensb's Avatar

Default For those of you who prefer torrents

All four areas in one unlocked img

Gotalandv3
    MellerstaSodraNorrlandv3
    NorraNorrlandv3
    Svealandv3

Spoiler: click
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    ↓↓↓ Don't post thanking posts. Use the "Like this post" link below instead.

And if you download a torrent I have posted, please keep seeding, as I´m only seeding a few days until it´s well seeded

TOPO Sweden Svealand v3 / Friluftskartan Pro v3 - SvealandTOPO Sweden Svealand v3 / Friluftskartan Pro v3 - Svealand

Default Strange error in map

A very strange error can be found in the FriluftskartanProv3 Svealand (and also MellerstaSödraNorrlandv3 since the area with the error is covered by both maps). The reading of height is wrong in a limited area of the map. See attached pictures from Mapsource.
    On the east side of this valley the readings are correct and on the west side it is far too low, less than one third of the correct.
    (And no, I have not "Photoshoped" the screen dumps )

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I also managed to find a place where both correct and incorrect values are showed:

The coordinares for this place are N61.99084 E12.87473 for those interested in trying to repeat this

The v2 of the same map does not have the same problem as far as I can see.
    I have not digged any deeper in this, but interesting questions are why does the argument for the elevation vector have a faulty value and even a double value?
    And I have no idea if this is a common problem or if it is only in this area that it exists, and it would normally not be a problem in the nature. You would certainly know if you are at 300m or 900m, since the trees only grows up to around 850m in this area.

Hi,

I already noticed such a problem on my Montana, especially on border lines with Norway when I installed both Topo Friluftskartan Prov3 Svealand and Topo Norway Experience. When I removed Topo Norway Experience (and not only disabled), contour lines of Topo Friluftskartan Prov3 Svealand were OK on border line with Norway.

Hi,
    great map, thx....but have a problem with my Edge 800.....when I use it in BaseCamp there is a lot of POI, such as Campings......but when I use it in the device directly, I cant find this POI, there is no chance to find Campings in "Where To" menu..........what am i doing wrong?.......or it is problem with my device?.....how can I send this POI from BaseCamp to garmin?

Where is all-in-one set true TYP file?? I convertet full coverage IMG, and there is 4 diffrent TYP file!
    So, how make ONE typ file this set???!

TYP files are normally linked to one map ID (which can be found in the TYP file with TYP viewer) so I doubt if it is possible to create a TYP file for an already generated map containing several map ID:s.
    So if you use an "pre compiled img" I think that you have to be satisfied with the TYP-ing made by the creator.
    If you want your own style for tha map (which I almost always want for top maps ) you can always TYP the individual maps in Mapsource and then compile a new img.

Downloaded .img for all 4 regions and it works fine both on gps and BC when in the msd.
    Then I split the .img with GMapTool to store the map in BC but I find a big difference in appearence compared to the same .img on msd.
    Here the difference:

.img in the msd

.img split with GMaptool

Have I done anything wrong?
    Last edited by keypee; 28th January 2014 at 07:49 PM. Reason: better jpeg resolution

Reverse engineering (splitting .img with gmaptool) will give strange results when the .img is made from several maps with different TYP files. In the pc Basecamp/Mapsource does not find a TYP file to match the maps and displays an map in a basic way without any typing. Maybe it is possible to solve this in some way if you want to go deep into it...
    A simpler workaround if you want the maps in your PC is to download the four maps (links from the index files!) and install them the ususal way. Then you can fine tune the TYP files to suit your gps with typviewer, work with one TYP file and when your satisfied with it just change the map id to suit the other three maps (and rename the files). And then you can generate mapsets of your choise for the gps.