Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Hi... I'm new here... My 3750 is on route to me and I would like to convert to MY/SG version

Last post I notice the version compatible is 2.2

The latest SG/MY is 3.4, will I be able to flash to the latest software available, or just to 2.2?

Is there a way to use SG/MY JV without flashing? or flashing to 34xx?

2.    Advertissements

aekhong

34xx USA can't use SgMy jcv.
    You can try us boot.bin + lastest SgMy fwall.bin+lastest SgMy resources.bin
    If fail, you can flash back to original us firmware then try with other SgMy 3790 firmware version.

Hi Aekhong..

Noted.. notice your post here

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"If you love to go all versions of Asian firmware then you need 3750us - (no Bluetooth ) - you can get voice command just put on microphone as turboccc have done. "

Just to clarify, 3750 can use the latest firmware for SG/MY, am I correct?

aekhong

I don't have 3750. Im not sure it can be flashed with lastest SgMy fw.
    But I'm sure you can go back to USA version anytime you want without any problem.

Thanks!!! Will do it when I get my unit next year!!

Hi,

There are 2 versions of sg/mal firmware for the garmin 3790, which are the 3790v and 3790.

Can I use the sg 3790v firmware to flash my current us 3790, as it seems to add in new features such as media player.

Hi, 2 questions.. Anyone can help??

1.) My 3790lmt came with US SW 5.0. When I tried to update using GUPDATE.GCD created using RGN tool and SG V2.3 (boot.bin from US GCD 3.6), there is a message " Software for my device is newer than the UPDATE software. Do u wish to continue? I pressed yes, but after completion, software still remains at V5.0.

2.) Anyone knows how I can download map from Garmin? They require serial number, but mine is not valid....

Quote Originally Posted by leeking View Post
    Hi, 2 questions.. Anyone can help??

1.) My 3790lmt came with US SW 5.0. When I tried to update using GUPDATE.GCD created using RGN tool and SG V2.3 (boot.bin from US GCD 3.6), there is a message " Software for my device is newer than the UPDATE software. Do u wish to continue? I pressed yes, but after completion, software still remains at V5.0.

2.) Anyone knows how I can download map from Garmin? They require serial number, but mine is not valid....
    Thanks guys, managed to resolve 1, by updating it thru rgn. How I did that is I updated the usb drivers, and I manage to detect it via updater.exe.

Hi Aekhong,
    Thanks for helping me to convert my US version to SG/MY 2.30 one year ago. Currently, which latest version is "stable or bug free" to use ? As I remember there is a problem to use 2.50 last time.

Thank you.

Member + How to convert 3790us to 3790 Sg/My jackmawatan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aekhong View Post
    here is the step from turboccc
    •File->Open and select your US firmware GCD or RGN file
    •Click the Save button in the boot.bin section (the first on top) and save it to boot_us.bin
    •File->Open and select your Sg/Mal firmware GCD or RGN file
    •Click the Load button in the boot.bin section (the first on top) and load boot_us.bin (the one you saved in previous step)
    •Notice the HWID and SW Version from this boot.bin and copy those numbers in the Overrides section. Enable the checkboxes and put the numbers from boot.bin.
    •File->Save to RGN (or to GCD) and select the RGN (or GCD) file name.
    •Flash RGN in pre-boot/service mode using updater.exe from Garmin, or copy GUPDATE.GCD to your GPS and reboot.

hi,
    i can't find the gupdate.gcd firmware on the hidden 'System' files for my US nuvi 3790T. i have opened every folders and nothing is found at all. the only .gcd file i was able to locate in the whole hidden "System" folder is in the folder named 'RemoteSW' which has five files namely as 006B090100.GCD, 006B107300.GCD, 006B121100.GCD, 006B121102.GCD and 006B125700.gcd. how can i go about to locate exactly the gupdate.gcd file of my unit?
    i just got this unit today from the US and first thing i did is backup the whole internal storage files for keepsake. Details of the unit's

About
    Model: nuvi 3790
    Unit ID: 38xxxxxxxx
    Software Version: Software Version 4.90
    Audio Version: 3.00
    Text Version: 4.90
    GPS Firmware: 2.60
    Bluetooth Firmware: 3.0.35 P55
    PMIC Version: 824
    TSC Version: 1.23

My friend has a Nuvi 1490T and just as you open up the hidden "System" files, there you would see right away the gupdate.gcd file just on the root of the hidden directory. how is it so that i don't have that in my unit? i hate to think that the very first requirement (which is to locate and copy the gupdate.gcd file) to upgrade or change firmware for this unit is afront a failure already. i hope somebody can help me. i have not gone online to get the unit updated thru the website of garmin yet until i have heard anything from the experts if it is a safe go now to do so.
    thank you and have a nice day.
    Last edited by jackmawatan; 16th February 2013 at 12:59 AM.