Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Navigation software Moderator kunix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redrock3 View Post
    I find it humorous that sites which help people unlock maps they did not pay for become righteous when someone asks to unlock a GPS they did pay for. I do not need anything unlocked. I just found the thread amusing.
    I think one difference between unlocking maps and removing GarminLock is quite obvious.
    The first thing brings benefit to the legal owners of Garmin devices and harms Garmin map makers.
    The second thing can potentially bring much more harm than benefit to the legal owners of Garmin devices.
    So you may assume that this forum tries to bring benefit to the legal owners of Garmin devices while not caring about the copyright laws, user licences, etc. Quite easy and primitive explanation. Also I'm not protecting any ideology here, I'm just trying to suggest one possible explanation.

2.    Advertissements

Important User Pin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownership
    Pin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownershipPin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownershipPin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownershipPin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownershipPin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownershipPin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownershipPin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownership

I find it humorous that sites which help people unlock maps they did not pay for become righteous when someone asks to unlock a GPS they did pay for.
    If you can give a proof of this, you'll get probably your unlock.
    This forum helps a lot users with problems. We're a kind of customer care lol.
    Garmin is converting to LT policy and sells Nuvis with lifetime free upgrade, so our maps sharing is not so bad at the end.
    Garmin is also interested in producing maps in every countries by its own and restrict its compiler sale to few mappers, so I think they dont mind about maps sharing and unlocking methods.
    Garmin, most of all is interested in selling devices. Forum users are good testers and report bugs, on maps and firmwares.
    Additionally most of forums Garmin fans buy new models coz they can toy with them if maps are available
    Sharing also isnt intended to make forums' users to earn money and shouldnt let users to sell anything, devices thieves on the contrary try to resell stolen devices.

I think you wont find help in removing nuvi's PIN lock anywhere in forums.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Caty, there is a problem with removing GarminLock, as you can't secure your unlock and it's likely to be reverse engineered and ported to all devices.
    So if someone can prove that he is not a thief I can create a heavily encrypted firmware, which will unlock only one specific device, and no other devices. I'm experienced in such things since I was protecting deluxe firmware.

UPD:
    But even then there is a problem. Just imagine that a thief locks his own device, shows us his documents, and then we unlock a stolen device of the same model for him. I mean we can't distinguish one device from another remotely, everything can be faked.
    Last edited by kunix; 7th December 2012 at 06:08 PM.

Navigation software expert Pin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownership
    Pin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownershipPin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownershipPin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownership

I find it humorous that sites which help people unlock maps they did not pay for become righteous when someone asks to unlock a GPS they did pay for.
    And was all above writing by American? I gave up on democracy!!!

I want to decide myself which maps have to put on my device locked or unlocked. It is quite democratic choice But whether this choice I have when device was stolen?
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Giomen
    I want to have in my bed Alizée Jacotey, Jessica Alba, and Scarlett Johanson (in that order). Do you think american democracy must help me satisfy my wishes? Do you think I should blame Obama if these women deny me?
    Last edited by kunix; 8th December 2012 at 06:22 PM.

Navigation software expert Pin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownership
    Pin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownershipPin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownershipPin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownership

O kunix, if your wishes come true and when you get bored, please send Alizée Jacotey, Jessica Alba, and Scarlett Johanson to me

Important User Pin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownership
    Pin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownershipPin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownershipPin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownershipPin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownershipPin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownershipPin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownershipPin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownership

@kunix
    I dont know if they'd deny you, but you have fine taste
    May be these girls have a Pin lock too ?
    Otherwise this above is completely

PS:Giomen please leave it- thanks ,or we'll have to send posts to trash as usual lol
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Here is Jessica Alba with new Nuvi3490 and she cant remember PIN Code

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

p.s.
    Sorry for Off topic, but i am so happy today, outside is a lot of Snow

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Pin Lock lost ? Get help here if you prove your ownership

I am totally disgusted by kunix and lolypop000's posts!

I mean, that must be a 3790 as 3490 doesn't have Garmin lock. But most of all, they have clearly got the order wrong and Scarlett Johanson should be the 1st preference, right?? ..... what ..?

Caty, really though, please don't trash the above posts. There're absolute Gold. Bin this post if you want but i've gotta say this too: Your suggestion of attractive women having a PIN lock (the modern version of a chastity belt?) is priceless too but only another female could get away with that comment. However the code could be instantly decrypted by waving a 'no limit' Amex card in view of the 'locked unit'.

Kunix, I blame Obama for everything. I stubbed my toe yesterday. I've sent him another letter of complaint and demand for compensation. I think he'll pay again. I praise his re-election though which allows my signature to remain somewhat relevant.

Best one of you 'lock' this thread whether you leave this in or not. Giomen won't be able to restrain himself in any case, otherwise! (Democracy isn't perfect G-man, it's just way better than anything else we've tried).
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Master

@ Redrock3

Here what my proposal is and I think the guys and the ladies would agree. We can help unlocking "your" device for a small fee. But this fee is going to be a donation for lets say...ill children. What do you say?