Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default Problems sending maps from Mapsource to USB stick

I am using Mapsource 6.16.3 patched. Using Maptool I can select my maps and on the left I can see the amount of megabites selected. When I select the "send maps" icon, Mapsource sees my USB stick and I click on send maps. Now I see a window saying "building mapset" and when this is completed I see for a brief moment "transferring Mapset". However the "transferring mapset" does not appear to happen. Following that I get a window saying "The data was successfully sent". When I check my usb stick there is a Garmin folder with only a small file inside named "gmapsupp.img". The file is size is only a few k's and much smaller than the data which should have been sent. When I try to send the same file to my Nuvi 760 it works just fine. Any help would be much appreciated.

Intrepid51

2.    Advertissements

Important User Problems sending maps from Mapsource to USB stick
    Problems sending maps from Mapsource to USB stickProblems sending maps from Mapsource to USB stickProblems sending maps from Mapsource to USB stickProblems sending maps from Mapsource to USB stickProblems sending maps from Mapsource to USB stickProblems sending maps from Mapsource to USB stickProblems sending maps from Mapsource to USB stick

Have you tried another pendrive or to send it directly to your pc?
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Thanks for your response, Yes I have tried several pen drives and two sd cards but still I have the same problem. I think I might have a problem with my usb ports??

Intrepid51

Important User Problems sending maps from Mapsource to USB stick
    Problems sending maps from Mapsource to USB stickProblems sending maps from Mapsource to USB stickProblems sending maps from Mapsource to USB stickProblems sending maps from Mapsource to USB stickProblems sending maps from Mapsource to USB stickProblems sending maps from Mapsource to USB stickProblems sending maps from Mapsource to USB stick

Does transfer to pc work ? Do you have updated Garmin USB drivers ? Try to reinstall Mapsource ,patch it again and retry
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Thanks Catymag, I updated my usb drivers as you had sugested and all is well now. Many thanks for everyones help.

Intrepid51