Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Did you get all the sample files, or are they virtual non existing files for the tutorial only? I got only the licence file. I wouldn't mind to work first with the sample files, to know what is what, which is which..

P.S.: I wonder why Garmin comes with such a program now? Because Mapsource is discontinued or is there another deep philosophy behind it?
    Imagination is more important than knowledge -My friend Albert

2.    Advertissements

Important User Garmin Mapsource Product Creator v.8.0
    Garmin Mapsource Product Creator v.8.0Garmin Mapsource Product Creator v.8.0Garmin Mapsource Product Creator v.8.0Garmin Mapsource Product Creator v.8.0Garmin Mapsource Product Creator v.8.0Garmin Mapsource Product Creator v.8.0Garmin Mapsource Product Creator v.8.0

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPerth View Post

P.S.: I wonder why Garmin comes with such a program now? Because Mapsource is discontinued or is there another deep philosophy behind it?
    Not now , read:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    And you shouldnt have it For example Garmin dont license MPC to anyone who wants to make maps of the US.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

...interesting......and do you have the mentioned sample files? thanks...

Garmin Mapsource Product Creator v.8.0Garmin Mapsource Product Creator v.8.0Garmin Mapsource Product Creator v.8.0Garmin Mapsource Product Creator v.8.0Garmin Mapsource Product Creator v.8.0Garmin Mapsource Product Creator v.8.0Garmin Mapsource Product Creator v.8.0

Sample files are included in MPC installation, if I remember correctly.
    l9ebnsm

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

u r right... were hidden under C:\Program Files (x86)....

Master Garmin Mapsource Product Creator v.8.0Garmin Mapsource Product Creator v.8.0

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPerth View Post

Did you get all the sample files, or are they virtual non existing files for the tutorial only? I got only the licence file. I wouldn't mind to work first with the sample files, to know what is what, which is which..

Where do you find that tutorial?

When you install MPC, then you have a file under MPC folder the file " MPC.chm " : C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\MPC

When you study this HelpFile (MPC.chm) carefully, (I think under "SampleProjectTutorial " )you will get the pics and the explanation like in the thread as above. Good luck.
    see also: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

P.S.: Windows 7 x64
    Last edited by PeterPerth; 26th October 2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: P.S. adding carefully

What I don't understand is, why making a point of publishing MPC version 8 files as these only include the official trial version of Garmin.
    This program is freely available on the Garmin website and Garmin is perfectly capable of promoting their products...
    (Robertoman's trashed post)
    The program file (MPC) is NOT available on Garmin site freely for download.
    You can read at:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Evaluate MPC free for 90 days
    Contact us to see if you qualify* for a free 90-day trial of MapSource Product Creator. You’ll receive a fully functional version of the MPC software and a three-month license. After your trial period, simply pay the first $5,000 of license fees to continue using the program.

*Evaluation and licensing of Garmin’s MapSource Creator Product is subject to approval.

In this thread a licence is provided and it is valid till 01/02/2050 (credits Liosha), MPC v.8.0 version posted is a fully functional version , let others decide if to test the program since most of them are not able to get it and to test it coz Garmin dont judge them "qualify" .
    Noeman is glad to provide it. 200 users and more (some dont have to click LIKE button) here downloaded it and they were glad to do it and test

--------------------------------------
    MPC changelog till version 7.2.
    From 7.2 to 8.0 is in post n1
    l9ebnsm

Does anybody try to made vector + raster map at MPC ? I try it, but I am unable to export instalator with raster files, after installation of my test map, I see only vector data at basecamp.

Navigation software expert Garmin Mapsource Product Creator v.8.0
    Garmin Mapsource Product Creator v.8.0

Quote Originally Posted by Gemator View Post
    I try it, but I am unable to export instalator with raster files, after installation of my test map, I see only vector data at basecamp.
    Does this mean that Preprocess Raster Images tool successfully copes with the GeoTIFF in this case?
    Do you have any problem prior to installation of map?