Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

help SD Authentication

Hello. I've read many posts and still can't find something that would help me get an updated map to work on my GPS. The GPS I have came with the car I bought, factory installed, in dash (it is a Honda Navigation unit, which has DVD, radio, GPS, USB).
    The Navigation software is Garmin, but it stores all of its map information, voices, vehicles, etc on an SD Card. (The SD Card contains the gmapbmap.img, gmapprom.img, Gmapprom.unl & gmaptz.img files in the Garmin folder, it also contzaind more files in that folder as well as several other folders like Fonts, Help, Voices, Vehicle, POI, etc) See attachment for a list of all files in the SD Card.
    Since I was trying to get an updated map but didn't want to mess up the SD card, I made a RAW copy of it into another SD Card, but when I put that copy into the unit, I get a cannot read map data, check SD card message. So I guess the map is locked to the SD Card.
    I then deleted the gmapprom.img & Gmapprom.unl files from the SD Copy and copied an UNLOCKED gmapprom.img file instead. When I put it into the unit I get a screen titled SD Authentication with an input box that reads "Please input the password." and I get a keyboard with the a-z & 0-9 keys. I'm able to enter up to 16 characters (The keyboard doesn't allow symbols nor spaces).
    How can I get that SD card password? I tried running the Hardware_IDExtractor tool on the copy SD, but it won't show anything under "Real Hard drive ID (hardware)". Although I don't think that would help much, as that would be the ID, not the password :/
    The facts are:
    - All the garmin information from the unit is stored in the factory SD Card
    - A RAW copy of it doesn't work, without modifyng its contents, I get a cannot read map data message
    - If I add an unlocked map to the RAW copy, naming it gmapsupp.img, I get a cannot read map data message
    - If I delete the gmapprom img & unl files from the raw copy and copy an unlocked map with filename gmapprom.img, I'm asked for the SD password.
    I would really appreciate any help; I've been reading full posts for the last couple of weeks and can't find a way to make the unit to accept a new SD Card & unlocked map.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2.    Advertissements

Important User SD Authentication
    SD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD Authentication

just an idea: try to add a sw.unl made with jetmouse kg
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Thank you for your suggestion Catymag; so I just run JetMouse, enter the Navigation ID that comes in the "About" Screen of the GPS, hit the first generate button, and copy the "Software unlock code" into a new NotePad document (as is), which I would save as sw.unl in the Garmin folder of the copied SD card?
    Note: I would delete the original gmapprom img & unl files from the SD card and copy the new unlocked map as gmapprom.img

I had the same problem in TOYOTA at friends
    Try img unlocked with this and copied to the card. This has helped me
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Enjoy life

Important User SD Authentication
    SD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD Authentication

No use the Sd card ID and follow this
    instead of saving it as gmapsupp.unl save it as sw.unl
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Navigation software expert SD Authentication
    SD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD Authentication

Why RAW and not FAT32?
    Format it in FAT32 unlock map with gimgunlock and all be OK.
    Did you update your unit FW?
    When you copy SD conntent do you enable hidden sistem file and folder?
    Try to remove grmn0.gma from SD card.
    Please attach your PANA10SIG.PSI to post maybe here is stored your password.
    What is model number of your radio?
    Last edited by lolypop000; 13th October 2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: add some question.

And what about working of your device without gmapprom.img on SD?
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Quote Originally Posted by spijun View Post
    I had the same problem in TOYOTA at friends
    Try img unlocked with this and copied to the card. This has helped me
    Hello spijun. The img file I'm copying is already unlocked, its called: Garmin Mexico NT 2013.20 Unlocked IMG, and it doesn't have any lock code when checking in GMapTool. Would it be unlocked differently using the tool you mention? Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    No use the Sd card ID and follow this
    instead of saving it as gmapsupp.unl save it as sw.unl
    Hello Catymag. How can I get the SD Card ID? I tried using Hardware ID extractor, but the "Real hard drive ID (hardware)" field is blank. See attached screenshot.
    Is there another way in which I can get the SD card ID?
    Thank you, very much for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by lolypop000 View Post
    Why RAW and not FAT32?
    Format it in FAT32 unlock map with gimgunlock and all be OK.
    Did you update your unit FW?
    When you copy SD conntent do you enable hidden sistem file and folder?
    Try to remove grmn0.gma from SD card.
    Please attach your PANA10SIG.PSI to post maybe here is stored your password.
    What is model number of your radio?
    Hello Lolypop000. I tried using a raw copy tool (HDDRawCopy) after trying with a regular Fat 32 windows copy (w/hidden files), because I thought an exact clone might work, but neither of those copies work :/

I don't think there's a FW update available as it is a 2012 Honda Navigation system that comes factory installed, or I don't know where I could get such FW update.

I'll try removing the grmn0.gma file, as you suggest, and post results.

The pana10sig.psi file contains the following two lines:

PANA10SIGV1.00
    cmhd

I don't know what the model of the radio is, I couldn't find a way to get that from the unit, sorry :/

Thank you for your help, please let me know if you can think of anything else that I may try.

Spoiler: pic

Quote Originally Posted by Giomen View Post
    And what about working of your device without gmapprom.img on SD?
    Hello Giomen. What do you mean? Deleting all img files from the SD? And not leaving any img file on it?

These are the map files that are in the garmin folder:
    gmapbmap.img, gmapprom.img, Gmapprom.unl & gmaptz.img

Should I remove all of them and see what happens?

Thank you

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. SD Authentication

Quote Originally Posted by diegoand View Post
    Hello Catymag. How can I get the SD Card ID? I tried using Hardware ID extractor, but the "Real hard drive ID (hardware)" field is blank. See attached screenshot.
    Is there another way in which I can get the SD card ID?
    Thank you, very much for your help.
    Some ways:
    1. Find a friend with a Nuvi: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    2. Have you got an Android phone? Google 'SD Tools' or get it from Google Play. It will give you the CID in hex and then you convert to decimal:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    3. Got an old Symbian phone running s60 - S^3? Even without a sim card you can load GMXT and get the CID: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    4. Got a PDA running Wince6? Try this: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

The first method is the easiest of course, but any port in a storm.

Were you game to try what I suggested to you earlier in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in the thread 'How to get your sd card id in your garmin device'? i.e.:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ........... Your satnav is requiring a password to prevent another SD card being used other than the OEM card. I should think the unit sw checks the CID to confirm that it is one that has previously had a specific password entered. Mind you, this is my conjecture, but seems likely.

If you are prepared to take the risk, you could back up the 3 files gmapprom.img and its associated unl & gma, then remove them from your original card and copy a new unlocked map as gmapprom.img. The unit should still recognise the sd card id and the unlocked map will work on both the sd card and therefore the unit. Again, my conjecture, but if that doesn't work you should be able to copy the original map image with its unl and gma files back successfully....
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Try to unlock Mexico with gimgunlock0.3 and add it on original SD card like @Neil wrote and tell us if this method work.