Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    martinx

Thank you catymag,

Can you make DNX upgrade series complete and explain how to update speedcams, voices, vehicles?

2.    Advertissements

spyb0y

anyone here have an ideea if we can change the navigation software (eg. Garmin) with any other soft like iGo or TomTom...on the Kenwood DNX5240BT?

i would love to change the navigation software cuz i don`t really like the graphics in garmin...

Important User How to upgrade Garmin map on Kenwood DNX5240BT
    How to upgrade Garmin map on Kenwood DNX5240BTHow to upgrade Garmin map on Kenwood DNX5240BTHow to upgrade Garmin map on Kenwood DNX5240BTHow to upgrade Garmin map on Kenwood DNX5240BTHow to upgrade Garmin map on Kenwood DNX5240BTHow to upgrade Garmin map on Kenwood DNX5240BTHow to upgrade Garmin map on Kenwood DNX5240BT

Quote Originally Posted by spyb0y View Post
    anyone here have an ideea if we can change the navigation software (eg. Garmin) with any other soft like iGo or TomTom...on the Kenwood DNX5240BT?

i would love to change the navigation software cuz i don`t really like the graphics in garmin...
    Not possible and IMHO Garmin maps are the best on the market

Quote Originally Posted by martinx View Post
    Thank you catymag,

Can you make DNX upgrade series complete and explain how to update speedcams, voices, vehicles?
    just replace old files in POI and VOICES folders
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

its a pity that these kenwood garmin Os is uneditable!!

I want to update maps in my Kenwood DNX7280BT

I just downloaded some maps.. there is gmapsupp.img file.. it is the file for SD card?

Now go ahead and copy over the new map over the existing Garmin\gmapprom.img, copy new POIs under Garmin\POI, vehicle icons under Garmin\vehicle, voices under Garmin\Voices, etc...
    it is the same file as gmapprom.img? only rename & go? simply transfer via USB into unit?
    Last edited by jardo.reg; 20th April 2012 at 06:37 AM.

I have connected my DNX5240BT to the laptop using micro usb and having the drivers installed. The problem is that the DNX5240 is recognized as new connected usb device (GARMIN GPS) but I cannot see the device as a storrage driver. Do you know how to solve this case? Thanks

How to upgrade Garmin map on Kenwood DNX5240BTHow to upgrade Garmin map on Kenwood DNX5240BTHow to upgrade Garmin map on Kenwood DNX5240BTHow to upgrade Garmin map on Kenwood DNX5240BTHow to upgrade Garmin map on Kenwood DNX5240BTHow to upgrade Garmin map on Kenwood DNX5240BTHow to upgrade Garmin map on Kenwood DNX5240BT

Use search in this section, there are other threads about Kenwood devices updating
    eg.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    etc
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

juancamore

Hi azee13, tell me , Could you upgrade maps? I have a DNX5180. has not sd card slot, I donīt know how to upload Colombia maps, is it with a cd?? I have a file gmapsupp.img (185 mb) how must to burn cd? or whatever

zombie2009

Which version for DNX7340BT

How to upgrade Garmin map on Kenwood DNX5240BT

@ zombie2009

CNNTEU 2013.20 (r. 16/08/2012) (for Europe) [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Largest map <2GB .Maybe with the latest firmware has eliminated this limitation, but you follow this specification and can not go wrong

Bye,bye