Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cnfhbr View Post
    P.S. There is a grave flaw in the ImgTool - this new name is limited to within the length of original name.
    I tried with a shorter name than the original name, too.
    unfortunately the same error again.

2.    Advertissements

Important User Header Name for .IMG file
    Header Name for .IMG fileHeader Name for .IMG fileHeader Name for .IMG fileHeader Name for .IMG fileHeader Name for .IMG fileHeader Name for .IMG fileHeader Name for .IMG file

Try new GmapTool
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Navigation software expert Header Name for .IMG file
    Header Name for .IMG fileHeader Name for .IMG fileHeader Name for .IMG file

Caty, you are the goddess!!!
    I ask author of GmapTool for do it many times but no result!

The problem was in old device! In list of map a user saw one title for two different maps: Дороги России... It was because device had cut names - Дороги России. РФ. Версия x.xx and Дороги России. РФ. Топо. Версия x.xx. I as usual changed name in HEX for Топо России. РФ. Версия x.xx. In list all was OK now - Roads and Topo.

May be you ask author for change TDB script? Many user do not want write script for HEX editor.

And for a complete happiness - changing CD set name in separately!
    Last edited by Giomen; 5th July 2012 at 01:08 AM. Reason: CD set name
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    Try new GmapTool
    This new Gmaptool was the solution.

I asked the author of Gmaptool and I was told there was no "F:" record in the .img file:

Gmaptool is changing Header (Map-)name in this "F:" record
    I used the "Join" tab to create a new .img file with the old .img file.
    I filled out the FID and PID and "Joined" the .img file.
    After that there was a "F:" record in the .img-file:

Now I could use the "Change" tab to change the Header (Map-)name:
    Last edited by jrozemanl; 7th July 2012 at 07:29 PM.

Header Name for .IMG fileHeader Name for .IMG fileHeader Name for .IMG fileHeader Name for .IMG fileHeader Name for .IMG fileHeader Name for .IMG fileHeader Name for .IMG file

Quote Originally Posted by Giomen View Post
    Caty, you are the goddess!!!
    Not my credit,I even never asked, I just checked for the new version and changelog and posted about it on forum, nothing else.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Navigation software expert Header Name for .IMG file
    Header Name for .IMG fileHeader Name for .IMG fileHeader Name for .IMG file

Caty, my cerebral meanders is very straight. I see the thread on YOUR forum, and see result!
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

@ jrozemanl

I'm the author of ImgTool .
    I haven't worked on it for a long time...

I think that the error you encountered with ImgTool comes from the fact that your img file doesn't include a "F" section in the MPS subfile ( in other terms there was no CDSetNames in your img : am I right?).
    So it is not a change of the CDSetName but a creation and I had never seen that before, so, it was not implemented in ImgTool...
    I'll take a look on this...

Quote Originally Posted by sherco40 View Post
    @ jrozemanl

I think that the error you encountered with ImgTool comes from the fact that your img file doesn't include a "F" section in the MPS subfile ( in other terms there was no CDSetNames in your img : am I right?)....
    Yes, that's right, but I could add the F-section in the .img file with Gmaptool.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Header Name for .IMG file

Saw this just recently in an unlocked copy of CN AUNZ Sensis 2013.20 which I obtained somewhere (not here) that had no "F:" record. It also would not let me change the header name although the two things, missing "F:" record and the unchangeable name didn't occur to me as being related at the time. Figured someone had played around with it, and because i found it was also missing a map tile I therefore didn't use it. I dug the image out of the recycle bin when i came across the thread:
    201320aunzsensis

Filled out the FID & PID under the Join tab in GMapTool 0.8.11 and voilą, now it has both "F:" and "P:" records:
    201320aunzsensis
    Header name can now be changed.

So sad, i'm just gonna bin it again. Oh well, it is only Sensis anyway.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Yes, that's right, but I could add the F-section in the .img file with Gmaptool.
    Of course, but ImgTool doesn't have the same prupose as Gmaptool : I wrote Imgtool ( in the beginning for my own utilisation) to make changes in large img files without rewriting or recompiling the file.

Because rewriting or recompiling a large file may be very long (specially when the img file is on an sd card or directly in the memory of the gps unit) and also because it may corrupt the file (after splitting and joining an img file, we are not sure that the new file is identical to the original...) i have tried to write a tool that only changes some bytes in the img file: when you change something in an img file with ImGtool, only the bytes corresponding are changed : no splitting, no joining, no recompiling , so we are sure that all the rest of the file is identical to the original.
    For example, when changing the part number, only the 9 bytes are changed (....and the date/time of the file: this last point, because when making a lot of test with the gps unit, I founded out that, if the date/time was unchanged, in the new gmapsupp.img file, the Gps unit often keeps on displaying the old file)
    t
    But this implies some limitations. For example, if , what Mapsource calls "Nom de l'ensemble de cartes", has 15 characters, ImgTool only allows to change it for a string containing 15 characters or less).

For the moment, only one exception in Imgtool: when adding (not replacing) a typ file in a gmapsupp.img file, in some cases (because , most often, there is a lot of place unused in the FAT after a typ file so the new typ file is written there) , a large part of the img file is rewritten (more precisely, is shifted to make place in the middle of the file)

Maybe, I'll add some new exceptions to increase the functionalities of ImgTool...