Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ok well I've tried the Navteq version with the associated ASR files and the voice command for 'Find Address' etc... still does not work.

So I'm coming to the conclusion, based on the table above, that there are additional ASR2 files missing/not available in the AU/NZ 2013.10 map version for the 34xx/35xx nuvi series.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the next version to see.

2.    Advertissements

I tried experiment. Renamed ASR to ASRold. Created an empty ASR folder. With only Aus NZ Navtech map loaded on 3490 (converted 3790) then ran webupdater. This resulted in only 3 voice files offered (SRD type) and no SRX or ASR files offered. Seems they are not available on server for new Navtech maps and 34/35xx units?

voyager56

Quote Originally Posted by fringe View Post
    I tried experiment. Renamed ASR to ASRold. Created an empty ASR folder. With only Aus NZ Navtech map loaded on 3490 (converted 3790) then ran webupdater. This resulted in only 3 voice files offered (SRD type) and no SRX or ASR files offered. Seems they are not available on server for new Navtech maps and 34/35xx units?
    SRX and ASR files are map dependent. You will get them only by updating map. Webupdater will not update them.
    Last edited by voyager56; 19th June 2012 at 10:18 AM.

I just got back from the shops and checked out the nuvi 3590 that they had there. It had the 2012.10 maps loaded on it, so I tested out the voice command and "Find Address"... etc... worked on it.

So there are definately ASR2 files not publicly available on the forums. I wonder if anyone out there with 34xx/35xx devices, could share their ASR files from their nuvi.

SRX and ASR files are map dependent. You will get them only by updating map.
    and therein lies the problem..... ;-)

There are no Navtech ASR SRX files available on Noeman for 34xx 35xx . Unfortunately the ones of 37xx don't work for all commands. Hopefully they may become available here after next map update.

Navigation software expert nuvi 3590 Voice Command issue
    nuvi 3590 Voice Command issuenuvi 3590 Voice Command issuenuvi 3590 Voice Command issue

@mrt737

Run webupdater and install all.

voyager56

Quote Originally Posted by lolypop000 View Post
    Run webupdater and install all.
    Webupdater will not update ASR files. They can be updated only by updating map.
    Webupdater will update only SRD files.

Trevence

Anyone have the latest SRD files for Garmin Nuvi 34xx North America 2013.10?

Have you checked CN North America 2013.10 thread ?